Chapter Twenty

Hot that is what I feel when I wake up hot and very clammy I go to move when a bolt of pain shoots through my body I cry out hating the feeling already

Hot that is what I feel when I wake up hot and very clammy I go to move when a bolt of pain shoots through my body I cry out hating the feeling already. I gently crawl out of the huge bed taking my IV with me making my way over to what I am hoping is the bathroom I quietly open the door walking it to see it is in fact the bathroom I go to the toilet and do my business after I am done I walk over to the bench that has two beautiful bowl sinks with his and her hand wash as well as soft towels hanging from a rail under the sink I find a toothbrush and being cleaning my teeth as soon as I am done I look up to find Elijah standing in the doorway watching my every move I stand up straight looking myself over in the mirror the first thing I notice is my sun kissed skin is still so pale as my eye scan over my body I notice that the deep scratches are now shallow and that some of them have closed up I keep looking all over my body to see any difference I stop at the disgusting bandages on my side where you can see my wounds have been weeping I gently peel off the bandages off to assess the wounds properly and immediately regret my decision the wounds are absolutely horrible I start to cry while looking at them you can see how infected they are but it’s only been a few hours since I was put on the drips I turn around looking at Elijah. “can you please help me clean them I know they are disgusting but I want to change them. I don’t want to look at them but i do need help please" I sob reaching out for the cloth on the sink side I run the hot water waiting a few moments for it to heat up I put the cloth in the sink allowing it to get wet before taking it out and ringing the excess water off I look back at the mirror to find Elijah right behind me. “ I will do this just turn around so your facing the mirror and hold onto the sink it will hurt but I will clean you up then maybe you can help me clean my wounds as well”.

Gritting my teeth and Elijah gently starts to dab at my wounds on my back as he starts going over the small wounds I look in the mirror watching as he moves with such care. Whimpering as he keeps cleaning i know he’s moved on to the deepest wounds by the look of concentration on his face the way he squints his eyes as I whimper and the way his tongue glides over his plump pink lips. I cant help but bite my lip to stop from shouting when he comes to my side where the worst of them are I turn to my side so that Elijah has better access to them I cant help but to watch as he gently as he can start wiping at them removing the dried blood you can still see how inflamed the skin is and that its swollen i look at every move his tattooed hands make over my skin. Turning again so I am chest to stomach in this case as Elijah towers over my five foot four frame he’s at least six foot five. “How is this I’m not hurting you to much am i" Elijah asks softly as his hands make light gentle work of the rest of my wounds. “no it’s not to bad at the moment I am focusing on your hands rather than the pain" I admit with a blush bowing my head so that he cant see me. Hissing as he hits a very tender part of them I see that he’s nearly done rinsing out the cloth again he starts back at the painful part of the wound I take slow laboured breaths to get through the pain “I’m all most finished just keep breathing in... out...in...out” I do as he says and focus on my breathing while I watch his tattooed fingers go over the wound with the cloth once more. “and I’m done washing it now I need to dry it and put on the cream" I nod my head as my eyes scan over everything inch of his waist slowly looking up drinking in his tattooed body I resist the urge to trace my fingers across them I look up to see that he is watching me blushing again. “What did I say I need you to do when I ask you a question?” Elijah asks I think for a moment then realise that he means for me to talk. “okay I know you need to put the cream on and I may shout at you” seeing him smirk at me as he reaches around me to grab the tube of cream his hand skims mine and I feel that tingling again “oh get a grip with you woman he’s going to make you scream at him any moment now with that stuff” I scold myself I watch him as he squeezes the tube and a large amount of cream comes out I watch as his hand makes contact with my skin as he rubs the cream over the wound I hiss at him biting my tongue he makes fast work putting a thick layer on turning as he goes until he stops I look up to find him staring straight back at me in the mirror “ you’ve taken that better than I thought you would have Kaye I can see how painful it is” I turn back around to face him “ it really fucking hurts but I felt better with your touch if that makes any sense to you” I say watching as he smiles at me “actually it makes prefect sense to me your my mate the bond is growing between us I know I’m not where you want to be right now but I will wait for you until your ready" looking into his beautiful grey eyes “I know that your trying to take this slow and for that I am grateful now let me clean your back up” I say while taking the cream from his hands I put it back on the counter top and turn to wash the cloth out with antibacterial soap once it is all gone I turn back to face him “can you please turn around so I can see what I am dealing with please" Elijah nods his head and turns around looking over his back most of the cuts are now closed and only a few need to be cleaned and then creamed I gently rub over all of his back being careful of the larger ones as I clean I cant help but marvel over the skull that covers his inter back even with all these wounds it is magnificent to look at “it most of hurt like hell to have that done” I ask as I turn to rinse out the cloth again and clean the lower half of his back. “yeah it hurt like a bitch but I love the outcome of it” Elijah says as i go over the last two big wounds I hear him groan and the sound goes straight to my core I try to shake the through out of my mind as I continue to clean I get the towel and gently dab his back so it is dry enough to apply the cream again as I run my finds over the cuts rubbing the cream into them I hear an other groan come from his again going straight to my core “ please stop groaning I laugh trying to deflate the sexual tension building up between us. “I cant help it when your touching me" he laughs with me. “Okay and now I am ..... done” i say as i rub the last bit in just over his shoulder blade i turn around turning on the hot tap allowing the hot water to run over my hands then I squat some soap onto my hands lathering them up and then rinsing it off I stop the tap and reach under the sink to get the towel and dry my hands when I look up my eye immediately lock on to Elijah’s “ damn you look so beautiful" Elijah says as he steps forward so that he is right behind me I turn back to face him “thank you your very handsome when your not scowling” I say with a smirk as I side step him and walk out of the bathroom holding what is left of my IV bag.