Chapter Nineteen

Frozen that’s how I feel as the words leave her lips as she says everything in what feels like slow motion

Frozen that’s how I feel as the words leave her lips as she says everything in what feels like slow motion. “ your results so that you have got a very aggressive infection to those bites which I’m afraid as got into your bloodstream with is spreading the infection around your body” nodding my head as a que for her to continue on with my problems I can feel myself becoming anxious. “ the cup I gave you was a high level antibiotic to control the infection I will have to give you oral antibiotics aswell and you need the wounds scraping to stop it getting any worse than it already is the bacteria from the rogue has given you sepsis and I need to keep you in here and give you iv medication as well this should only take a day to clear up”. I shake my head not understanding what all of this is doing to my body “I dont understand is this what is causing me to have the burning sensation and everything” I inquire looking at the doctor “yes and no these are the symptoms but I’m afraid it’s not all you will continue to get those waves of heat because your also going into heat this will only get worse and I’m afraid it’s only your mate that can make this go away if you want I can contact him for you and bring him in through I will not tolerate sex in the clinic” the doctor let’s out a laugh that is so angelic I cant help but laugh with her on this.

“okay so I need to be in here for a day on a lot of different sets of medication but that should clear everything up in twenty four hours” I ask hoping that I am following this all right. “ yes within a day it should all be cleared up if you were human with would have been very serious but lucky your a wolf” the doctor replies “ oh and your not pregnant so that is also a good thing given the problems you are having right now... do you need me to contact your mate because on a very serious note your heat will be incredibly painful and it becomes much more bearable with your mate next to you” Sarah says and I just freeze not knowing what to say or do. “ Erm could you leave this to me I will contact him myself as I don’t really know if he wants me it’s a long messy story doc" i stat looking at her again from my hands. “ okay Kaye I need you to lay back I’m going to babe a porter to move you to a room more private and I will come down with a few different medications to help with everything including your heat okay?” I give her a tight smile and nod my head laying back on the bed just as I am getting comfortable I feel my eyelids starting to become heavy again from exhaustion I open my eyes again when I feel the bed being moved I see the door being pushed open and an other porter in at the bottom of my bed I look up at the moving ceiling as the lights pass me by I start to get tired again just as I am falling a sleep I hear a sharp growl I shot up causing myself to become dizzy again shaking my head to regain my vision I see Elijah storming this way as the doors shut he slams them open “where the fuck are you taking my mate and what the hell is wrong with her” Elijah shouts walking faster towards me. Hearing Elijah admit that I am his mate out loud has my body tingling and makes a very small smile form on my face but I quickly hide it not knowing fully what he wants from me. “Alpha what is the meaning of this” doctor Sarah asks Elijah “I heard everything what do you mean you need to keep her here for twenty four hours and kaye were you going to tell me you were really this sick or just say nothing” he asks glaring at me “alpha with all due respect if you have heard everything then you must understand that she needs to be here in case she gets worse what do you want me to do with Kaye?” Elijah looks at me the whole time “I want her medication and her set up in my house where I can keep an eye on her and help her deal with her heat” my breath catches in my mouth following what Elijah has just said I shake me head I cant stay with him i think to myself. “Elijah I cant stay with you I.... I don’t want people to think I’m just some slut please let me stay in the clinic with the doctor” I beg him i just cant stay with him heat cant really be that bad can it I wonder. I look to Sarah for help and she takes one look at Elijah and bows her head in respect “ I’m sorry Kaye but I think he may be right when that medication wears of the pain your going to be in from your heat only he can stop and that means you will end up having sex” I look at her wide eyed completely gobsmacked that she is being so blunt  with it.