Chapter One

Heart beating fast breathing laboured as I run as fast as I can to the beat of the music i keep looking behind me checking I'm still alone it's the alpha games a group of six represent their home pack in a set of games to show your strength speed ...

Heart beating fast breathing laboured as I run as fast as I can to the beat of the music i keep looking behind me checking I'm still alone it's the alpha games a group of six represent their home pack in a set of games to show your strength speed and agility. I'm proud to represent the dark star pack I'm the fastest female of the pack which is intense for a betas daughter. Seeing the finish line in ten yards I will myself to sprint that bit more coming over the line I hear screams of my pack before I have the chance to take out my earphones I'm tackled to the floor by my best friend Frankie and little brother Alex.

"Okay okay guys cant breathe need to drink" I say looking at the bottle in my mothers hand I reach out for the water sitting up as they get up off me opening the bottle and draining the contents of the bottle in one go. I look around seeing second and third place coming in looking at how the packs react to them out the corner of my eye I see our Alpha fast approaching I quickly and up straight and bow my headin respect until I'm spoken to.

"Kaye that was in record time well done you've done this pack proud get some rest tonight as I want to see you in my office tomorrow at 9am sharp" our Alpha says while looking into his steel gray eyes "yes alpha I will be there in the morning do you need my father aswell or just me" I ask "no just you my dear it's of great importance I see you first thing as you know my son coming back from training" I nod looking at him "yes sir I am aware that your son is due to return" I say softly to him "right must be going as I have a meeting to attend" alpha says as he turns on his heel and strolls into the crowd of pack members.

As we walk through the packs many congratulating me as I make my way up to the podium to get our packs first place medal everyone clapping and cheering for the five of us we all say our thanks one by one and go down to our pack ready to celebrate our win it's going to be an amazing night I just can't shake the feeling that something is wrong with our alpha.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Heading to the club with Frankie to celebrate our win we didn't take long to get ready wearing a black skirt and red bodysuit and my hair curled and pinned to the side I felt amazing. Looking over at Frankie wearing her silver dress and heels a smile bright on her face light make up matching our outfits laughing at the face she pulls at her phone
"Frankie you scrunch you face up anymore you'll turn into a dog" I say laughing as she glares at me "well Andy wont give me a straight answer as to if he's coming to the club or not" shaking my head Andy is Frankie's mate she was lucky enough to find hers at the young age of 18 he's the soon to be beta of the black rose pack.

"Oh hush like you can care miss I wont wait for my mate" she says looking sideways to make sure I'm not going to flip out at her "I know I haven't waited to meet my mate I think I waited long enough don't you I'm not getting any younger I'm 25 Frankie " it's it's true I did try to wait for my mate" but by 20 I wasn't waiting any longer myself and Adrien said if we both hadn't found our mates by 22 we would get together and so here we are 3 years we have been together and it's still fresh. We stop at the doors seeing Stephen working the doors smiling we run up to him shouting his name "Stephen we missed you" we sing together hugging his large frame he laughs looking down at us "well what can I say the wife keeps me busy oh Kaye congratulations on your teams win you did amazing in the long run I bet Adrian is so proud of you" grinning up at Stephen I think about how Adrien will react to the news that my team have won in fairness Adrien's pack came in 3rd so they didn't do to bad at all.

" I bet he's got her drinks waiting for us right now" Frankie said while playing with her hair looking to Stephen. "Head on in girls I'm sure the alpha will be over the moon to see you both" Stephen said while moving the velvet rope and stepping aside.