Round 2 English version

Japan, Tokyo. Januar 4th. 1999.

The sound of the Ayashi foodbox company machines mixed with the sound of conversations. All the people here, in white coats, trousers and mouth masks, provided pre-prepared bento boxes for lunch for companies, offices and other customers. After ten minutes, the shift change bell rang. The workers, who have just end our shift have stopped working and been told the current status of the actual team. One of them ran past the tape and ran into a short, black-haired, ring-eyed guy wearing the same clothes as the others. „Boss..." said the man, who was actualy a woman, born with a voice defect, so he struck a deeper tone. „Imaki! How many times do I have to tell you to stay away from that name? Just call me Yaguchi."

Yaguchi Haruo has just been appointed to shift manager because of his excellent performance and kind attitude. He often took overtime if someone fell ill, but today was lucky in that regard. „I'm sorry, Yaguchi. I would like to ask one thing. Would you like come with me and drink a coffee?" She asked, while she is blushing. „Thanks, but pass. Unfortunately, I have things to do." said Yaguchi with a smile and caressed her head. „ Maybe next time." „You always said that. You don't like me?" She asked indignantly and leaned away from his hand after a while. „ No, I like you as a friend. The only thing is that I already have a girlfriend. But I have to go. Bye" said and he goes to the boys changing room. As soon as he finished dressing, he hurried to his moped. He put on his helmet and started the moped. He wasn't lying when he said he had something to do. On February 14th, a Tekken 3 Championships will begin, on which he has training sincet the game came out. While he drive in the Maru Miye arcade, he thinks his life. Ever since Akira Oono has parted ways, he's been obsessed with making money for hir mother and going to America. He graduated from college and started working, where he took a part-time job as a teenager. Unfortunately, in spite of the promotion as shift manager, there are not many extra bonuses. One of his ideas was to sell all his consoles, but he stopped after three, because he was gonna spit himself in the eye. A few months ago, he got his passport, but there is one unnerving fact. He found out the address of the oono mansion and also sent some letters to him to let her know that he was progressing with his promise to her. But, there is no answer ever. he knows that she didn't get the letter because they never gave it to her. Maybe her parents are burning these letters?

While deepening into his thoughts, he arrived at the arcade. He parked and turned off the moped engine. While he was working on the lock, he heard a woman's voice that he knew. „Hi, Yaguchi! Another training, am I right?" He replied. „Hi, Hidaka! Yes. Plus, I just got paid. So, it's time to use the usual methods for some extra yen." Hidaka Koharu listened with a smile to Yaguchi words as she played with her blond hair. She's an old friend of Yaguchi's, though three years ago he felt more for him. Even she defeated her rival Akira, she didn't want to stand in their way. She didn't do that when Akira asked her to make Yaguchi happy. They stay as brother-sister relaitonship. „Then I'll help you with it. I just got paid, too, and I don't even have to do extra paperwork today." said Hidaka. What is it about extra money? Playing with money of course. The two-up will fight in a game with a certain amount of money on it. The loser pay the winner. That's an illegal move, but Felicia's team, the Mizonokuchi Force always kept our backs. Hidaka raised her fist, then Yaguchi do the same. They get in but they saw, there is a huge line in front of the Tekken 3 machines. Hidaka has an idea." I say we split up. I will win money in darkstalkers 3" Yaguchi agreed with this. „ Okay, then I play Street Fighter Alpha 3."Yaguchi walked patiently to one of the SFA3 machines. There is a fightink beetwen Sagat and Dhalsim. Dhalsim wins, but Yaguchi see, that player is total amateur. He doesn't form a strategy, just mashed the buttons. „See, I'm the best player in this arcade." Say the winner, who take the money. „Yeah, you are good... or should I say lucky. You just mashed the buttons and that's all. A pro player beat you anytime." answer Yaguchi with a smile on his face. „Realy? You are a pro player? Then fight me or shut up!" answer the guy angrily. „ I'm in. And I'll bet 200 yen. and I'll tell you in advance, I'm gonna use Charlie and V-ism mode." says Yaguchi and take out the money." „You want to beat me with that Guile imitation? Don't make me laugh. But if you want to taste defeat, so be it." The two opponent sits down and start. As expected, our hero's opponent chose Dhalsim in A-ISM mode. Yaguchi does not lie, he choose Charlie in V-ISM mode. True, he plays without Super moves, but now it's fine with it. As soon as the first round started, Dhalsim teleported and shot the Yoga Fire. Charlie dodged all of them and punish with Flash Kick and combos. It was successful tactic, until Charlie got a full-load A-ISM Yoga Flame, but it's still bearable on full hp. After some dodge and punish, Charlie came out victorious. In the second round Dhalsim change strategy and backing into corner spamming High Punch and High Kicks. Yaguchi smiled. This is so easy. Well, easy or not, he needs to finish this match. When Dhalsim hit up, Charlie immediately activate V-ism and dashed close to the opponent. It lasts for three seconds, but that's enough. After an 12 hit combo and a Flash kick, Charlie wins the second round and the game. „You cheated, dickbag!" shout Yaguchi enemy, and stand up so immidiately, the chair is chrashed. „There's no way someone's gonna beat me up!" „Yeah, it exists as long as you play brainless. A more professional player can easily beat these nobodies." Reply Yaguchi and stand up. „So, give me the money that we are bet for." „ Never! I smash you face, and take all your money!" Shout the opponent and try to punch Yaguchi, but halfway a woman got his arm and spinning it. It was a goth women with an umbrella in her other hand and her dress-wearing cat ears standing stiffly up. She was Nikotamagawa Felicia, leader of Mizonokuchi Force, thus, the keeper of the arcade. „ Violence wouldn't allow me on my place. I hope I've made myself clear." says with calm voice. „My opponent cheated and tried to win money from me." Said the guy with whinning voice. „Oh, realy?" ask Felicia and look a half second to Yaguchi. „ Anyone who accuses the Beast finger for cheating can be a rare fool. So, it's time to give me the money if you don't want my team to make you hate the games for good." He had nothing to do, so he rose up after felicia let go of his hand and handed over the money. „ You are just lucky. But, that's run out one day." He threatend Yaguchi and go away. Felicia shook her head. „Pathetic loser." said cleary and then she stopped near Yaguchi. He felt her cat ears tickliing his face. „Don't overdo it, okay?"

two hours later, the line has never run out at Tekken 3 machnies. Until then, Yaguchi kept making bets and staying at Street Fighter Alpha 3. Now it's a pretty lucky series, because so far, he's won 20 games in a row, making at least 3,000 Yen. He felt quite tired, so he took a break and saw how hidaka was doing in the Darkstalkers. When he got there, he could see that she had achieved the same amount of success. She was preparing for the last game of the day, where her opponent select Lillith. She select Jedah. Yaguchi thinked, when hidaka started, he was just a talented rookie. Basically, he pulled him into the game world. The initial results seemed to have paid off quickly, even Oono was able to compete with. Yaguchi mind clearly write Oono's face. he misses the her eyes, smells, even his hands when he slapped her for every idiotic thing. He was so engrossed in his thoughts until a loud bang interrupted his thought process. „You bloody whore! You cheat, and then you expect me to pay you the 500 yen bet?" Shout her opponent, who was probably beaten like dog shit in a hail. „I hate cheaters, anybody say that. You, on the other hand, thought you'd win by spamming an attack? When are you going to learn that these kind of bullshit tactics are just for a weak player?" said Hidaka calmly. Then he wanted to attack, but Hidaka neutralized him with a single hip throw. „ I ask you one more time? Could you give the money, which i win fair and square?" Felicia stepped in and went to the guy Hidaka taken care of. „How many times do I have to tell you how to face defeat with your head held high? Now I'm out of patience, so pay, get out of here, ASAP." The guy, realizing he didn't stand a chance, took the right amount money out of his wallet and handed it over. After that, felicia pick up the kid, and kicks him out of the arcade. -if her gang hears about this, that guy's never go in there without punish.

Yaguchi left the arcade where hidaka followed him. „How many money are you win?" she asked. „3000 yen. You?" „5000 yen." She said and gave me the money. Yaguchi split the money in half and gave Hidaka, which surprised her. „Why did you give me? You need the money, not me." You've earned it" said Yaguchi with smile. After some hesitation, she took the money and put it in her pocket. „Would you like to go somewhere? I want to talk to you." Yaguchi nodded his head and after unlock the lock, he take an extra helmet and gave Hidaka. Then he sat on the moped with his own helmet on. Hidaka told me where to go. After ten minutes, they arrive at Yoshida restaurant. After they select a table and after the order was give the waitress, Hidaka began to talk. „I'm worried about you as a friend. you're in pretty bad shape." „I'm fine." reply Yaguchi, but Hidaka shake her head." I don't buy into this lie. Just look at yourself. you've got circles in your eyes, you've lost, like, 20 pounds, and you're pale. As soon as you get out of that little sleep, you either work or you play with bets to earn money. Plus, from what I hear your mother, you're starting to sell your consoles, which isn't like you. I get it. You want to make every effort to get Oono back, but you've already crossed a line." „I said it one more time: I'm fine." Whispered Yaguchi, as they arrived at their order. „Oh, I hear that you buy a Pentium 2 PC and Quake 2." Hidaka try to be patient, but that was an impossible task. „Don't try to talk other things, Yaguchi! I can tell one thing the dirty cloth is fresh compared to you. You should get some real rest." Yaguchi sighed. He didn't believe that Hidaka was going to yell at him. Especially she didn't want to get off this. „My answer is the same as the last time you threw that in my face. I'm in a bad shape but i am really used to it already. If there's any other way I can do it, here you go, tell it. I can't expect my mother to fill my pocket. Presumably I would have to pay those soulles wormlike parents to see her. I want to put together at least 3 million dollar and I have only 2. I don't know what to do." Hidaka reply for that. „ I have an idea. Finish this self-torture and look for another girl..." She couldn't finish his sentence because Yaguchi slammed on the table causing some of the ramen to spill on the floor. „ You have very good advice, I can tell you!" shout with tears in his eye. „ I just want to say..." She whispered softly, but it didn't help any more. „ It's not as easy as you think. I can't stop thinking about her. I want to see Akira again and kiss her." „ But what you're doing is crazy." „ I don't care! If you don't wanna help me, that's fine! Thanks for nothing!"

Yaguchi ran out of the restaurant, didn't give a shit about the crowd or Hidaka trying to stop him. He quickly released the lock and immediately pressed the moped accelerator. He stopped at an empty park and started crying. No one was there for him anymore. They do not understand the struggle of his soul. Suddenly, he felt a chunky hand grab his shoulder. He was a muscular man with short-cut and gutted hair in sunglasses. He was Guile, Yaguchi's spiritual animal since elementary. „Do not worry! I am by your side and support you, as always." Says with soothing bass voice. „ But, Hidaka was right about you having to rest. Besides, if we make it to the Tekken 3 championship in February and get a million-and-a-half reward, we're on the right road." Yaguchi nodded and after he calmed, go to home. It was the only light for him at the end of the tunnel... for now.