Round 23. (English version.)

Fortesque Chateau, dinning hall. 10'o clock in the morning. March 16-th. 1999.

Daniel, Hidaka, Yaguchi, Makoto, Akira, Narumi and Eleonore have just received the applications from Game World Tenkaichi Budokai '99. tournament, which to be held in April. Normally, they'd do it in silence, except one of the letters with pages on it had two names between the official sponsors, they didn't want to see. Oono Incorporation and Interbank. Akira's shock and icy terror didn't wear off for a while. She knew that sooner or later, she would have to fight her mother's wrath, but she never tought in her worst nightmare that, it would come to pass as soon as possible. Yaguchi pulled her in and hugged.

Hidaka said the obvius, but there was no surprise in her voice. „Just as I thought. They made their move." "So we have to go to the lion's den to win?"Yaguchi asked with a look as if he hoped there would be another option, but if he followed the financial part, he would have had to see the obvious fact. There is no such thing as an alternative. "It's seems like." said Daniel. "But, this is very dangerous, isn't it?" Asked Narumi. "Let the lion deal with it." Said Eleonore, then continued, seeing the company's gaze. "They won't bother you there, after all, that could give the organizers a lot of suspicion. After that, they won't leave you alone. That's why we moved out of the Oono Chateau. I wish to have the whole meeting with my husband and that demon woman on my back." "I see." Said Daniel with a sigh, and looked back to the paper. "Back to the tournament. The game's are pretty weird too. Especially since they normally give you all the games, but in the final part, it's just a surprise." "And that's not the only part of it. Final Fight is one of the games, that's just bizarre. Other beat' em ups that came out after is much famous, and thousand times better. Like Caddilacs and Dinosaurs, The Punisher." "You' re Yaguchi. But they're just not going to touch us enough that it's impossible to get in front of us. The only real question is, who should be the fifth team member and the reserve?" asked Daniel. "I'm just good as a reserve. Apart from Puyo Puyo, I'm of little use to you. Just give me a minute, and I found a right person." After this, Makoto left to the telephone. "We'd be happy to apply, but we would only hold you back rather than help." Said Narumi. "Yes. Sorry for that." Said Eleonore. "It's okay, mom. That's our fight." After Daniel's response, Narumi lost his gaze for a moment. When they started writing their names on the application paper, Makoto entered and was followed by none other than Namire. "If I heard right, you need my help!" Namire shout with excitiment." "Yes. Have you ever play Puyo Puyo?" Ask Yaguchi, while comforting Akira, who calmed down a little. "Fine enough. I've only played the first part, but it's not that different from the third part." "Then you'll be perfect for the fifth member for our team." Said Daniel and showed her the application paper. Namire wrote her name on it without a second thought. When the others were ready, it was time for the next point of problems. The quarters. Daniel asked to speak. "The tournament take place in Akibahara, which is not in the neighbour. The participants of the contest, although they provide accommodation, I'm not so sure about things." "Have you considered the possibility, that someone might be coming after us?" Ask Yaguchi, but Daniel response just as quick. "Not just that. The hotel they provide is not enough for so many competitors. Therefore, we booked a room in Aoi Ai hotel for two nights. we go on friday and leave on sunday. pack it that way." "All right." Shout everyone, except Daniel. " Then, you can go about your business. Just le me one little advice. Practice, because this is going to be the toughest tournament we've ever had."

The company got up and was about to leave, but Narumi stopped Yaguchi. "Can we talk a very important thing?" Ask he very silently. Yaguchi just nodded and followed him. When they entered one of the rooms, Narumi closed the door and started his monologue. "I feel like I need to prepare you for what comes after the tournament. It's a fact, that Lillith won't have a chance to harass you until then, but she'll break free afterwards, and if you don't handle things in place, you'll mix yourself and my daughter into a huge mess." "Thank you, I really appreciate it. And what's should I know about Lillith?" "In our group, they called a demon and she's proud of it. For those above him, she always gives in to a good-hearted but strict woman. However, she is the cruellest to everyone, who is under her hand. She's always taking little people's property and making her own profit, no matter how much damage she does. You're a bigger spike in her eyes than me or Makoto. For, in this case, I assume that she is afraid. You know that too. If the marriage beetwen Daniel and Akira fails, then Morrisons will literally take her business." "One mistake is enough to make everything fall apart. But then, you won't end up a beggar?" Ask Yaguchi. Narumi just smiled. "I don't care about money as long as it's my daughters in danger. And then, Daniel wouldn't leave that. True, he have to face his father's anger, but that's another story." "Okay. What should I do?" "Be firm and don't fall for her half truth. I assume she'll try blackmail you to leave Akira alone forever. If that doesn't work, she'll try to financially ruin you, and get her hands dirty, even if she doesn't do it directly." Yaguchi shuddered. He know this method. "Just like Moegi." "I knew that teacher, and trust me, Lillith is much worse. Moegi can see the error of her ways, but my wife is more evil and stubborn. Divorce takes a week to process, and it can be revoked at any time. That's the weakness she'll play on." " So, this is my toughest battle in my life. Thanks the advice. Just let me one question. What happened to Moegi? As I recall, in 1996, she moved shortly after Oono left." "She makes her living as a personal teacher, but she's far less strict and tough. By the way, you don't have to thank me. I felt it was my duty to share this information." When they got out of the room, Oono took Yaguchi and embraced him without a word. Maybe she overheard the whole conversation?

Fortesque Chateau 8'o clock in night. 7th April, 1999.

The days went by fast as Sonic. They kept training for the Tournament, which cost a lot of money, but deep down, they had a right to feel it was worth it. Especially Namire was the most conspicuous. At the end of March, the Maru Miye arcade declared her the Queen of Puyo Puyo and even managed to beat Felicia, even though she was a professional. Besides, one more thing that's worth mentioning happened. The Mizonokuchi force members, who won the Street Fighter Alpha 3 Tournamen/gang war in early March, went to Capcom headquarters. On this day, Oono and Yaguchi could put aside their present problems and feel like children again,when they met in 1992. They could try the greatest games of the time, the Sega Dreamcast special modem, which predicted the biggest milestone in the video game industry: Online multiplayer. In addition, they received a ton of game posters signed by developers. Oono also got a Zangief puppet, just like Yaguchi got a Guile. In short, they have an experience they will not forget until they die.

After dinner, no one was in a happy mood. They were all nervous about the tournament. After all, they're going to win an amount of 3 million dollar. If that is not problem the fact, then the two final bosses, the biggest bad guys, will have to look into their eyes, which will only be the first ordeal. Hidaka used the internet to print a complete list of all KOF'98 Slugfest characters a combo and browse it for the 20th time. Yaguchi and Oono hugged together in silence after the meal. In essence, they reassured each other. Namire and Daniel were talking about totally inappropriate topics, Makoto took a bath. Daniel finally got tired of it, got up and shook his glass. "Guys! The hour of truth has come! Soon we'll be fighting one of the most decisive tournament of our lives. We must win this at all costs. I ask you to show as much as possible in each event and stay calm, no matter how stressful you are." The company applauded him. but he didn't finish what he had to say. "And one more thing. Thank you for your support in our affairs. I too will do everything in my power to achieve our goals." Hidaka touched Daniel to kiss him. Oono took Yaguchi's hand and headed for the bath. After being immersed in warm water, she glanced at him as if he were asking. "Are you ready for this fight?" Yaguchi swallowed one. It's a legitimate question in every way. In the games the fact that he lost in the last tournament, but it has already been processed. However, the souls have a more interesting question. When he's a teenager, he couldn't protect Oono against Moegi. But this time, he will face Lillith Oono. "Honey. I'm ready to do anything for you. It's true that when I was young, I was an idiot, and I didn't notice the things around me, because video games were a lot more focused on me. Now, the most important thing is you and my friends. Because no matter how many new technology games, consoles, the only thing that would be bitter experiences is if I finished them." Oono hugged her partner and stroked his hair as if to say: "I'm proud of you and I love you." "Thank you." Sighed Yaguchi between the girl's breasts, and she snorted. She was ticklish to some extent. Yaguchi tickle her, but she bit him in the shoulder. "That's hurt, you know?" Asked he, and she said her eye, with a rather gloating face and a look: "I know." Then they laughed and kissed.

In Daniel's bedroom, the room owner and Hidaka were sleeping together. They both caressed each other with a smile. Words were not spoken, but they were felt they bonds without it. In the next room, Namire and Makoto played and laughed. Everybody ready for the biggest tournament of this year.