Round 22. (English version.)

Akibahara, Taito Hey arcade 12:00. March 12 th, 1999.

"Are you serious?" asked the event organiser Mishihara, who was looking at the cheque with confusing eyes. Lillith looked at the man contentedly, half-covering her face with a fan. She didn't think, she was gonna have to invest in some stupid video game tournament bullshit, but she thought if she could get everything back on track, then so be it. "You sees well. I'm interested in the world of video games. In exchange for the money, I choose the games for the tournament." "Of course. Whoever donates one and a half million yen is the least, that earned. You will find the games there."

Lillith was proudly to enter the arcade, but she succeeded in finding out that she was stupid enough to choose anything. Jago walk silently. "What game do you think would be ideal for a grand tournament?" ask she. "How should I know?" He asked back with sincere ignorance. "All I know is that the next time we have sex, I'm gonna take out an accident and a life insurance policy." "Don't fucking kidding me, idiot!"
Shout Lillith out to him with all her strength, and then gave him a massage on her forehead. "Nevermind. I will try some of the games. It can't be that hard." Well, Lilith was so damn wrong about that. When she sat down in front of street fighter alpha 3, she said gloriously. "Watch and learn, Jago." But, of course, her opponent win easily. "I'm watching." Jago noted, and the company laughed. Thirty minutes went by, and it was a disappointment combined with a monotonous defeat for Lillith. "Darn it!" The end result of all that, is that my hands are tired." Said Lillith with painful voice. "You gets tire of your hands? If you're dealing with a man, you're already active in juicing." Noted Jago in a gallant manner. " Are you say something?" Lillith asked with a hard edge her tone. "According to my observation, players use a common method and strategy for each game. But tell me, why did you have to intervene so much if you don't know the games? It would have been enough to give you a V.I.P. seat." "It's very simple. I wonder what the hell my younger daughter is enjoying on this? I wanted to find out." "I see. And tell me, how many video games do you know or play?" "To be honest... the only game I know is Tennis for Two." "In short, you knows video games as much as tenderness and parental love." Jago's sentence points to the " i ", because Lillith was about to strangle him, but then a teenager boy coughed so loud, that is interrupt the fight. "If you need help, I'd be happy to do it, my dear Lillith. Or mother, if it's convenient for you." "What gives you the right to call me that, snotty? Don't fucking play games with my age?!" She yelled at him, but he didn't even flinch. "I have no intention of making fun of you. However, the last address is true. I remember you as a faint memory." Jago watched the boy closely. He really inherited almond-shaped eyes and physique from Lillith. "My name is Eddy Whammy Jr., but you gave me Tobias back then My nick name is Chikuron."

Lillith has a complete shock. She remember, when she got pregnant from a lover, called Eddy. Whereas the bourgeois circle was humiliating thing to became pregnant by a lover, so she began to disappear any clue as possible. So, Lillith and Eddy travel in Akibahara for ten moth "vacation.". After Lillith gave birth a boy, she give Eddy and his girlfriend 5 million yen for silence and a promise, to never come back in USA. "Can I ask a question?" said Jago. "Yeah. What is it?" "Your father is still alive?" "Yes, why are you asking?" "This is a Guinness record on his part. He went to bed with Lillith and alive today." Lillith stepped on his foot, for that joke. "Don't bother to him. Pretty naughty lately. I hope you are not angry at me for letting you here?" "I don't give a shit. The truth is, when I found out the truth, there was nothing surprising about it. In fact, I've always felt my life was pointless. Like, I was born wrong place. Now I realize the reason why it doesn't help me. That's why I started video games was because I saw something escape from the void called life." "So you're not mad that I threw you away when you were a baby?" "Shit on it, but leave the nostaligia for another time. The point is I need help and you get it from me. In return, be on one of the opposing teams!" Then Chikuron pulled out a photo of Akira Oono in the Street Fighter Alpha 3 tournament. "She's..." "Your daughter, and my half sister. I have a chance to fight in against her in the Tekken 3 Tournament." "And she win?" Ask Lillith. "Yes, because I give up, so it's default. My victory was so one-sided. But while I was playing with her, I was moved by a feeling... excitement. And I watched the whole Street Fighter Alpha 3 gang war, and see the reality. She's my perfect opponent." "So be it. You'll help me and I've arranged this little favour for you. Show me around and give me advice." Then, both shake their hands.

Chikuron showed Lillith and Jago around and explained the games and minor details of the tournament. "This tournament is designed to fight each other in five member teams and use a reserve player. This cannot be changed. The games used in the tournament usually involve fighting each other, but it is possible that the point-based games too, where the teams with the highest score will go on the next challenge." "I think I found a perfect game." Said Lillith and point a Sonic arcade machine. "That's Sonic Fighters. One of the worst fighting game now." Chikuron answer with a smile on his face. "My lady. May I suggest you to leave the choice to the professional? After all, you are not as skilled in this subject as..." then Lillith cut her fan to Jago, like a no word answer. Though she was angry at the interrupted, offensive remark, he was a good point. After one hour, they choose two game for the tournament: King of Fighters' 98 Slugfest and Twinkle Star Sprites. When Lillith asked for the last suprise game, Chikuron tell, that is an SNK prototype game. Just only two games left to choose. Jago got bores of this, took some change out of his pocket and started playing the third part of the named Puyo Puyo's series, called Nún. Lillith noticed it, but she just left his servant, who seems to be very well combined. This came in handy, because the game is about bringing out as many combo chains as you can from stacking the same coloured puzzle pieces. If somebody make a good combo, then the opponent's playing area will be thrown a ton of gray puzzle pieces, filling the empty space. If somebody fill up the entire game area, that lose. What kind of beginner's luck did Jago have? Suffice it to say, he won the fight against Satan, the last boss. "Wow. I rarely see any player play this good." Chikuron remarked as Lillith gotta pissed. "I don't care how good he is, he's not helping a damn thing. As for you... if you've stopped acting like a child, then help me." Shout Lillith and pointed her finger to Jgao. "And who says I'm not doing it? I already have the third game. This is gonna be perfect." "Interesting choice. I like it." Chikuron acknowledged the choice of Jago. Lillith now wanted to pop away by her blood pressure, but she also wanted to choose for herself. "Then I find the perfect choice for the last game. Follow me!" "If she want to choose a pony riding competition game for little girls, I'll laugh so loud and hard." He whispered to Chikuron, who smiled at it. To his greatest surprise, her choice fell on the Final Fight. "Are you sure about that? This is the first revolutionary beat' em up game, that is slowly 11 years old and has appeared to be much better this genre." "So what?! Sometimes you have play the old games! just because old, doesn't mean we should forget it!" Shout Lillith to Chikuron. "Geez. Fine. Anything else you want from me?" "A team, which give my daughter and her friends a proper challenge." "I can't help it right now because i'm a lone wolf. Unless... you know what? I'll solve it for you." After that, Chikuron give the list of the games to the organizers and took off. He also noted that by tomorrow, his team will receive their letters too.

An hour later, another stranger shows up. It was Morrisons who looked around with a bored face. Lillith went straight to him. "Hello Mr. Fortesque. How..." "Leave the unnecessary things and answer my question." said Morrisons. "I hope you have a good reason to be fooling around instead of dealing with this case. Did you give it up? You don't mind going bankrupt?" Lillith's nerve on her forehead was swollen, but she smiled forcedly. "No, not at all. It's just a little thing, that your son and my daughter are participating in this video game tournament. It has to be dealt with, because if we act prematurely, your reputation will be in danger." "Is that the situation?" Morrisons asked in a low voice, but to Lilith's surprise, he laughed. "Fine by me. I also sponsor the tournament and we'll see how far it goes. In fact, I'm glad something exciting is finally happening in this boring life." Then, he submitted a check to the organizer of the tournament, which contained a million Yen. Our heroes don't even know that this tournament has more surprises than they're expecting.