2• The billionaire with a brunette

Start from the beginning

Few minutes later, when there was silence in the hallway, we assumed that the goons had left. He checked the hallway for me and insisted on walking me to my room although the way was clear. But to my dismay, right before I could take a turn towards my wing, I spotted those goons waiting next to the door of my room. I was quick to hide behind the wall, involuntarily trapping myself between it and Mr. Generous Greek God. Our closeness and proximity stirred a few emotions inside of me but the terror in me overwhelmed it.

He pulled me back to his room and I couldn't control my emotions as I started crying. Why did my life have to be such a mess? I worked my ass off in the nine to five job that I had as an event organizer, receiving the salary that paid my rent and a part of Philip's debt. Working as a part-timer in a café at night was of barely any help. With nobody on my side, nobody to support me or look after me, nobody I could count on, I was living my life as a twenty-two year old with extreme struggles.

I felt the bed next to me sink a little and I wiped my tears. He passed me some water that I drank and looked down at the floor helplessly.

"I won't let them harm you. You'll be safe as long as you are with me." He held my hand and as those words left his mouth, I looked at him to see assurance in his eyes. Those words brought up the emotions I had suppressed for years. My heart beat sped up and warmth filled in me. The sense of security I hadn't felt in a long time had my eyes fill up with tears but I blinked them away before they could fall. I thanked him and apologized for being such a bother but he just gave an assuring smile. He contacted the management to take care of the goons situation and to my surprise, they got to it without any delay and objection.

'How worse can this night become?' I thought and as if my fate had taken it as a challenge, I started sneezing non-stop. Great. I had caught a cold. When Mr. Kind King suggested that I change my clothes, I remembered that I had forgotten the room card in the room itself.

"Woman, you are a magnet to troubles." He commented and I bit my lip, guiltily. By making another few calls, he ordered hot coffee for both of us and took care of the room card situation. Very Impressively, I must add.

My shivers and sneezes refused to stop even after the rise in temperature of the heater to maximum and coffee, so I guessed getting out of the wet clothes was the best and the only way. Finding no other option, I changed into a bathrobe that was in the closet of his room. When I came out, there was a sudden change in the atmosphere of the room. I had become kind of conscious and the air around us started to feel heavy and thick.

The awkward silence was finally broken after a few long minutes when the manager had come and informed us that everything had been sorted out. Thanking him, we walked to my room and stopped by the door.

"Thank you and sorry once again. I have caused a lot of trouble to you." I smiled guiltily at him and he returned a genuine one. "I am glad I could be of help." He replied. I was about to go in but something struck in my mind and I turned around. "Can I know the name of my savior?"

As if the realization that we didn't even ask each other our names hit him too, he smiled and replied. "Adrien. Adrien Russell."

"Crystal Hayes." I raised my hand for a handshake which he took gladly. After bidding each other farewell, I came back into the room and got comfortable.

Adrien Russell.

It was the last thing I had my mind on before I fell asleep.

🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️

"Crystal Hayes!" Yelled the high-pitched voice I've known for years. I turned around to look at the source and a huge grin automatically plastered on my face. But it soon flattered as I saw her giving me a deathly glare.