Chapter 6: Colors

Start from the beginning

"Okay! Okay!" George laughed as he did close his eyes. "There! This better not be a prank. I swear I'll drive you over with my scooter."

But it wasn't a prank. Clay then slipped something in front of George's eyes.

"Okay! Now open your eyes!" Clay had his eyes on the lookout for George's reaction.

"Clay, you didn't-" George could tell what it was. A sheepish smile crept on his face. "I'm scared."

"Come on! Just open your eyes!" Dream replied.

"If it is what I think it is--- Oh god." George still refused to open his eyes. "I'm like--- Actually--- Nervous to do this."

Dream was getting impatient. He held one of George's hand. "Open your eyes, George!"

George's eyes slowly opened. He was facing the sunset. Sure enough, he found glasses on his face. The effects took a while, so George paused for a moment, not being able to tell the difference.

He looked at Clay to ask him about it- if it was just a prank. But as he turned around he met Clay's eyes.

"Wait..." George looked at Clay's eyes. George's hand that was on Clay gripped a little tighter. Clay nervously waited for him to continue. "You're darker."

It took a few seconds for Clay to register what George meant as he looked straight into his eyes. George was talking about his eyes. "Yeah. Yeah! I- I mean green is darker than yellow! And you usually see yellow."

"Yeah! All I can see are piss eyes!" George joked. But he was long gone in Clay's eyes.

Clay laughed at him while George continued to stare into his eyes. The staring was making Clay antsy. "George, you're supposed to look at the sunset!"

Clay placed both his hands on George's cheeks to turn his head to the sunset. Clay noticed George's face was warm.

"No, stop. Don't move. I want to look at you more." George took Clay's hands off of him and held them to their sides. "You're so beautiful."

Clay blushed at George's words and touch. His hands that were locked with George's only amplified it more. In normal circumstances, George would be the one to get flustered at his own words. But all he could think about was the pink that tainted Clay's soft skin accompanied by his starry freckles. Now, he noticed the blush on Clay for the first time. George loved this moment.

"But seriously, look at the sunset, George." Clay's eyes looked away, trying to hide his flustered face.

For a few more seconds, George kept staring at Clay. Then he slowly let go of Dream's hand to look at the sunset. As he did, another wave of colors splashed his face.

"Woah." George exhaled, his mouth fell open. "It's so beautiful."

"Yeah... It is." Clay replied, his eyes never leaving the older boy. A warm smile crept on his face. Clay admired the person in front of him. George was just so perfect in his eyes.

"Clay, this is so amazing!" George started to put his glasses on and off to check the differences. George turned towards Clay again and did the same thing. "Woah... "

The smile on Clay's face only grew wider. Then George held Clay's hands once more and gave him the purest smile Clay has ever seen.

"Clay, I- This- This is so amazing! I'm really- I'm speechless! You have no idea how much this means to me right now." George's tongue began to spill what was in his heart without even realizing it. "This means the whole world to me. And I'm not just talking about the glasses. I'm talking about you, Clay"