Chapter 21: Treasured Memories

---------------------------------------------------------

"No... Not again." George groaned as he buried his face into the pillow, remembering all the recent things that have happened. Why does it have to be him? Why does it have to be Dream? All he ever wanted was a peaceful life with Dream. Why can't he have that? Why does he have to suffer?

George let out a heavy sigh as he rolled unto his back. He stared at the ceiling with tired eyes, their colors fading. He was mad, sad, jealous, and ultimately empty.

|| TRIGGER WARNING !!! || Implications of Su!c!de
(Just a small bit)
|| Depressing thoughts ||

"Why am I still here?" George thought to himself as he raised one hand in front of him, reaching out to the ceiling. He looked at his pale porcelain hands with sleepy eyes, imagining that the person he loved the most was there. He imagined reaching his hand out to that bright sunny smile and starry cheeks but never touching. Instead, it was just like a reflection in the still waters, destroyed by a single drop of tear that muddied his vision.

"I'm tired. I'm so tired." George felt his hand reach out to nothing. He felt the cold air on the tips of his fingers as he closed them, gripping into nothing. That's right, he has nothing. Not anymore. More tears leaked out.

"I just wanna sleep." George retracted his hand from the air as he slowly closed his eyes. He felt himself sinking into the mattress as he finds comfort in the soft sheets and fluffy pillows. But it was still cold. His heart felt so cold.

"And I don't want to wake up." The feeling of coldness was slowly numbing him from everything. His chest started to rise and fall slowly. He felt his heart slowing down. "Maybe it's not so bad to be cold."

"Maybe it's not so bad to stay here."

"To never leave, to never move, to never feel..."

"Maybe it would be better..."

"...To never wake up ever again."

|| TRIGGER WARNING OVER! ||
[Summary: George is too tired/numb to continue. He just wants to sleep forever.]

"I love you, George."

Then a loving voice echoed in his head. It was as if the dark sky was cut open into a sea of blue. It was as if the thunderclouds were sliced to give way to the warm rays of the sun, reminding George of something.

Why did he fight in the first place? What was the reason he continued? How was he able to come this far? As cliché as it sounds, it was all for love. George loved Clay. And it was enough of a reason to continue moving forward. He can't stop now. He has already come so far.

So what if Dream doesn't love him that way right now? George loved him when they were still just best friends. He loved him when they haven't seen each other's faces yet. He loved him even when Dream had a girlfriend.

George loved Dream back then even when he thought Dream didn't love him back. But in the end, they got together. So what's the difference now? Just because Dream doesn't reciprocate George's feelings right now doesn't mean it won't be in the future.

There's still hope as long as he keeps moving forward. And maybe one day, he'll hear those words from him again.

"I love you so much, George. Don't forget that."