Chapter 3: Angel

-----------------------------------------------------

"Geo-o-rge-" Dream leaned on George's shoulders, feeling sick. George laughed at his state.

"Don't throw up on me!" George tried to push Dream away from him. But he placed his hand behind Dream's back. "Come on now, big guy. Let's take a seat somewhere. Gosh, you are so helpless."

"You knew I wouldn't last long in there!" Dream complained. George helped him take a seat on a nearby bench. "If we didn't get off another more minute, I could've vomit-projectile on you."

"Ew! That is disgusting." George laughed as he playfully slapped Dream's shoulder. "I would've murdered you if that did happen."

Hearing his laugh, Dream already felt a little better. How can a simple laugh give him so much energy? Dream looked at George. He looked gorgeous to him. Pale porcelain skin, dark hair, coffee eyes, pink lips- he was cute. Cute? A guy? Cute?

George stood up from the bench. "I'm going to buy us drinks. Anything you want?"

"Nothing in particular. But I'll come with you." Dream tried to stand up, but a pair of arms on his shoulders stopped him.

"No, you stay here. Can't let you walk like a drunk person!" George teased. Dream just rolled his eyes. And before he could protest, George shushed him. "Let me take care of you. Now sit pretty and stay here."

If George could see red, he would've caught Dream's cheeks turning a shade of pink. But he couldn't see it. A part of Dream was thankful that George turned around before he could notice his face. What about the other part? Sadness? Why?

He watched George walk up to a booth to buy some drinks for them. Then suddenly, Dream felt pain racking in his brain. "Nng--! Wha--!" He felt nauseous. Was it because of the ride? He closed his eyes, hoping that it would just be gone. It was too painful for him.

........................................................................

"Clay! Open your eyes!"

Dream heard an all too familiar voice. It sounded like he was having the ride of his life. He knew who it was.

"NO! AHHHHH!!!" He heard another voice. But it was- his? How can he be talking right now? His eyes were closed shut. Then he felt wind surging against his face, making his hair settle everywhere. He could hear people screaming behind them. And it only scared him more. "MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP!"

"CLAY! JUST OPEN YOUR EYES!" A laugh that he longed to hear rang beautifully through his ears. His laugh was like dandelions full of happy wishes on a meadow that stretched endlessly. "The view is AMAZING!"

Then he felt something warm against his hand. He opened his eyes and looked towards the voice.

"I'm right here, Clay. Just let it go and have fun!" A face of an angel was in front of him, beaming with a smile that can outshine a thousand suns. He was in the sky, soaring. He was up so high he could fall. But for some reason, he wasn't that scared anymore. "You'll be fine, Clay. You got me. I'll be right here. I won't ever leave you."

"BUT THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT I'M SCARED OF HEIGHTS!" Clay screamed, and it led to George in a rapture of laughter. Nonetheless, he didn't close his eyes anymore. Instead, he held onto George for his dear life. And He enjoyed every second of it.

"YOU'RE A GIANT! HOW CAN YOU BE SCARED OF HEIGHTS?" The angel beside him laughed some more. A beautiful toothy smile reached his ears.

........................................................................