Chapter 32: The End

---------------------------------------------------------

|| TRIGGER WARNING !!! ||

Mentions of Blood

(Just a little bit in George's narrative/letter)

Also, a long chapter ahead!

---------------------------------------------------------

Oh, wait. I forgot something important to write down. I've written almost all of the events we've been through together. But I haven't told you what exactly happened that night, the night of the accident.

It was our second anniversary together. We got into our best clothes and prettified ourselves in our rooms. That night was so nerve-wracking. I've been planning for that night for months now.

I remember staring at a small dark-green box in my hands, sweating at what I was about to do. I remember opening it one last time that night to adore a simple white-gold ring embellished with emerald and small sapphires. And I remember my heart melting at the thought that they would look perfect on your finger. In my pocket was a similar ring for me. Except it had one sapphire in the center and surrounded by small emeralds.

We both got into the car, feeling like little kids finding their first diamond in Minecraft. I remember holding your hand as your other controlled the wheel. And I kept worrying if you could notice how nervous I was through our intertwined fingers. It was a beautiful starry night, and we enjoyed each other's presence as we listened to Sweater Weather.

("Is it too cold for you, Clay? We could turn the AC down.")

And as you know, that beautiful moment didn't last.

("No, it's fine. Your presence is enough to warm me up.")

The accident happened.

("Is it because I'm ho--- Clay!")

You did your best to avoid that drunk driver, but it was too late.

("George!")

My head was aching terribly, and my vision was blurry with blood. I found myself on the cold dirt ground, wounded. And I saw you not too far away from me, seemingly in a worse condition than me.

("Oh my god! Clay! Clay!")

I crawled towards you and gently held you in my arms. I fumbled with my phone from my pocket and called an ambulance. Your head was bleeding badly, and I tried my best to make it better. I desperately called out your name as tears clouded my vision.

("G-george?")

("Clay! Clay, Clay, please stay with me!")

It was the worst day of my life. That night was terrifying.

("George, is that- you? Are- are you okay?")

("Yes, I'm okay, Clay. I'm okay. I'm here. I'm here, baby. I'm here- I'm fine.")

Even until now, it scares me.