Chapter 30: It's Over

---------------------------------------------------------

"So that's the plan." Nick finished, staring at George's list in his hand.

"So we're not going to tell Dream about George at all?" Bad questioned, his face blurry on Nick's screen as he moved the phone while they face-timed. He finally settles his phone down, leaning it against something as he sat on the floor at the foot of his bed. Skeppy sat beside him.

Nick let out a sad sigh. "I wish we could, Bad. But if we tell him, he'll lie to himself again. And it'll be a cycle of that emotional roller coaster again, and I'm so tired of that. It's been many weeks too long."

"I tried talking with George earlier, but he doesn't want to hear anything regarding Dream at all." Skeppy sighed. "He can be so stubborn, huh."

"So we have to lie?" Bad shrunk in his shoulders at the thought. He was just an innocent bean who wouldn't wanna lie to his friends.

"Yes, Bad, we have to," Skeppy answered, wrapping his arms around his man. "But if you're uncomfortable, you don't have to say anything. Just let me do the talking."

"Skeppy's right. But if it comes down to it, you know we need you to do that, Bad," Nick added, grinning at the two lovebirds. "Remember, whatever it takes, we must stop George."

Even though he was still a bit unsure, Bad nodded anyway. Skeppy held a thumb up and said yes. The three of them looked at each other with determination one last time, understanding their situations.

"Operation: DreamNotFound is a go!" Nick said. Then they all said their goodbyes to face the big day ahead of them.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Well, have fun with the date, Dream." Nick said in a sing-song voice as he watched Dream get out of the car. "-NOT."

Dream rolled his eyes at Nick, but with a smile. "Thanks a lot, pandas."

"I've planned the Ultimate Date for you, so you better not waste today," Nick said, hopping over to the driver seat to take the wheel.

"I still don't get why you would give me a list for this date. I thought you don't want this day to go well? Hmm?" Dream questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Pshh! Of course, I don't want this date to go well!" Nick replied with a smug look, not failing to notice the other's visible confusion. "Just trust me, Dream; I know what I'm doing."

"Yeah, I think those would be the last words I'll ever hear from you." Dream joked.

"Whatever, pissbaby. Now go, so this day can finally be over. Bye!" Nick shooed Dream as he hit the gas pedal and drove away.

Dream just sighed and went over to a small café on the other side of the road.

----- *[Sticky Note Café]* -----

Huh, what kind of name is that?

Dream found the name of the café weird, but he liked it. And for some odd reason, it feels like he has been in this shop before, a déjà vu? No, it's not. It was a place that belonged only in his memories, memories in which he lost. Dream took a deep breath and went inside.

"Clay!" Sandra waved from a table. The blond man awkwardly returned the smile as he walked up to her. "I'm so glad you're here, Dreamie-poo!"

"Hello, Sandra." Dream dryly responded. He honestly doesn't know what to do. "Did you wait long?"

"Maybe 5 minutes, but that's alright." The girl replied. "I haven't ordered our food yet because I don't know what to get. You're the one who suggested this place, so can you pick for me?"