Chapter 25: The Talk

---------------------------------------------------------

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

A deep sigh broke the silence inside a dark and spacious room. But as quickly as it disappeared, the silence blanketed the blond man again. It wasn't comfortable or peaceful at all. It was suffocating.

Dream laid on the bed on his back as one of his arms covered his eyes. It has just been a night without George in the house, and it has suddenly become so painfully silent.

But maybe, George made the right decision. The two of them were already so exhausted about all that went down. Their emotions were slowly eating all their rationality away. Maybe being separated would be the best decision.

Or is it?

The blond man sighed once again, heart feeling heavy. He could feel the hammering guilt and sadness on his chest. How can he get out of this mess this time?

And as he slowly drowned in his thoughts, his bedroom door slowly opened. The hinges softly creaked as a raven-haired boy entered the room.

"Hey." Nick softly called out. The other man was unresponsive on the bed, so he walked closer to him. "Penny for your thoughts?"

Dream breathed out and shifted to his side, back against the other boy. And as the sheets smoothened and wrinkled at the movement, Nick sat down on the bed.

There was a minute more of silence. After George temporarily left the house, Dream didn't want another one of his friends to be away from him. So the presence of the other comforted him a little.

"I'm so confused, Nick." Dream finally spoke, voice almost a whisper.

"Yeah? About what?" Nick asked with the same softness. He knows what the other meant. He just wanted Dream to say it himself. Sometimes, you just have to let all your thoughts run through your mouth and hear your own voice. You might just come to a realization. And that's what Nick hoped for Dream.

"You know... this whole amnesia thing. I and George... My feelings." Dreams voice gradually became smaller as he spoke.

Nick paused for a few seconds, his eyes slowly looking around the room in wonder.

"What do you think of your amnesia? Do you even believe it?" Nick asked, letting a small chuckle out in the end.

"... I don't know, honestly." The young man on the bed shifted around again, face looking at the ceiling. "It all sounds like a dream- pun not intended."

The other boy softly chuckled.

"... It's unbelievable, really." Dream continued. "It feels like I just woke up from a coma. Honestly, I think that would be more believable. At least, I didn't have to be confused with my memories. Everything is just so foggy in my head, and it's also affecting how I feel. It's annoying."

Then silence slowly crept in again. Nick's eyes finally landed on Dream's desk. He scanned the neat computer set up on the table. And at the corner of the screen, there was a picture of the three of them.

"How does it affect your feelings?" Nick questioned, his eyes still locked on the smiling faces in the picture.

"Well... for starters, I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about George." Dream replied as he noticed some glow-in-the-dark stars stuck on the ceiling. He forgot how it got there. If he remembered, he would have laughed about how George annoyed him that day. The short man couldn't reach the ceiling. "I just woke up and found out that I was supposedly dating my best friend."