Chapter 5: Dirty Ice Cream

-----------------------------------------------------

"It's so cute," George whispered to himself as he looked at the rainbow llama plushie in his hands. The two had enough playing at the arcade. Dream was carrying a paper bag filled with other prizes. But George only had eyes at the gift he received from Dream. George missed those times Dream would be his glucose father. They were now walking out from the arcade, back to the car.

"I'm glad you like it." Dream smiled as he put his free hand on the pocket of his hoodie. "Though you can only see some of its colors,"

George raised his eyebrow in confusion. "How many colors are there?"

Dream chuckled. "It's the color of the rainbow. 69."

"Sixty ni- what-" George turned his head towards Dream, who was trying to hold back his laughter. George rolled his eyes at him. But he can't help but smile. "Dream!"

Dream wheezed at his reaction. "What? You can't see the colors. You can't prove to me that it's not 69 colors!"

"Dream! I'm not dumb!" George replied. "I may be colorblind, but I know how many colors there are in a rainbow! I would be disrespecting my community!"

Dreamed laughed some more until they reached the car and went inside. That's right, George was gay. Dream still has not completely processed it yet. Heck, he just realized he might be bisexual after all. But there was something that was stopping him. A part of him felt wrong. But Dream decided to push it all aside so he could spend more time with his best friend.

Best friend.

"Where are we going next?" Dream eagerly asked.

"Well, someone's having fun." George grinned as he started up the car.

"Of course! It's been a while since I've hanged out with you! Well, since the accident, I guess." Dream nervously chuckled as he placed his hand behind his neck. "I've been thinking of hanging out too. Just you and me."

"Really?" George softly asked. He could feel the butterflies starting to flutter.

"Yeah. I know it's nobody's fault, but I felt like we were drifting apart." Dream looked up to meet George's eyes. "We needed this. Just best friends, spending time together."

Just best friends. George cringed at that. But it was half true. Dream was George's best friend and love. George broke away from the eye contact and looked straight at the road. One second longer looking at Dream's eyes, he would have broke. Now he desperately wanted Dream to remember.

"Let's make one more stop today. Let's go to the beach." George said as he drove the car on its way.

After some time, they arrived at the beach. As the two boys got off the car, George was far into his mind, scanning through the memories they had together. What can he do? What would be the best move to do? Then he remembered: his Enchroma glasses.

Dream gave George his Enchroma Clout glasses as a surprise for his birthday, a few months after they moved in together. George remembered he stored them in the car, just in case he goes somewhere like this. So he took out the glasses from the front compartment and placed it on his head. Then they walked to the beach.

Dream was clueless as to what it was. He didn't even remember he bought those for George. Dream thought it was just any regular glasses, so he didn't comment about it upon seeing George take it out.

"Want some ice cream before we settle down?" Dream asked. George was a bit surprised at Dream's initiative but didn't complain. It was nice.

"Umm, sure." George shrugged. So the two went out to the ice cream stand near the beach.

"I'd like to get one vanilla-flavored ice cream and one choco-chip ice cream, please." Dream told the vendor. Again, George was surprised. George only recently liked choco-chip ice cream.

Dream noticed George's furrowed eyebrows. He nervously chuckled. "What? What did I do now? Do you not like choco-chip ice cream? You always chose that kind of flavor. Getting sick of it?"

George blinked at him before he answered, "Dream, you remembered."

One puzzle piece suddenly clicked in Dream's mind. "Oh. Oh..."

Before any of them could answer, the vendor gave them their orders. "One vanilla and choco-chip ice cream for the two of you, gentlemen."

"Oh- um, thank you." Dream said as he paid for the ice cream. Then they both took their ice cream.

Not too long after, that familiar headache surged in his mind again. But Dream was slowly getting used to it. Still, it hurt. Dream put his free hand on his head as if it would stop the pain. George has noticed Dream's expression. He immediately guessed what it was.

"Hurry, let's sit over there." George took both ice creams into one of his hands. Dream leaned against George while George's free hand supported him. Together, they made their way to a nearby bench.

........................................................................

"Hey, guys," Nick said. He was holding an ice cream cone on hand, and the other was in his pocket. On his side were Clay and George. "There are three women having ice cream. One is licking her ice cream, the other is biting it, and the last one is sucking it. Which one do you think is married?"

"What?" George's voice was thick with a British accent. He was licking his choco-chip ice cream.

Clay laughed at Nick's weird question but decided not to question it. "Uhh, the one sucking it?" Clay answered as he ate his vanilla ice cream.

"What the-" George was getting flustered by their conversation.

"WRONG! You look for the rings, you dumbass!" Nick laughed in a victory that he fooled one of his best friends.

"Oh, my g-" George only face-palmed himself as he listened to the laughter of his two stupid best friends.

"What? Oh, George~ What were you thinking?" Clay said in a sing-song voice. George blushed at Dream's words, clearly knowing what he meant.

"HE WANTS TO SUCK YOU CLA-" Before Nick could finish his sentence, George grabbed Nick's ice cream and shoved it in Nick's mouth. Nick choked on his ice cream but quickly recovered. Dream's wheezing can be heard in the background, while George rolled his eyes at Nick. Then George joined in the laughter.

"Oh my gosh, George. I didn't know you could get so aggressive. Rawr." Nick seductively joked.

"You idiot!" Clay continued to laugh harder. "Oh my gosh, George! Are you a power bottom?"

"Bottom? What-!?" At this point, George was burning red. "Oh my- You are both such idiots! I hate you both!"

"Well- but you surely loved it when you shoved the cream into my mouth!" Nick continued his banter.

........................................................................

Dream suddenly giggled. "You've never answered my question, George," Dream looked up to meet George's eyes that never left him as he patiently waited for Dream to return to his normal state. "Are you a power bottom?"

Then it clicked. George knew what he was talking about. He felt his face go warm again. How many times was it now today? He honestly missed this feeling. Dream then laughed at George's reaction, while he took his ice cream back. That's it, George had enough of this dumbass.

"I don't know. You like to be dominant in bed." George said as he stared deadpan into Dream's eyes. Dream choked on his ice cream.

--------------------------------------------------------------

1200+ words

A/N:

Oh- you little muffin heads! Don't lie to me that you are innocent!

But to those who didn't get it. Please, protect them.