Chapter 23: The Storm

---------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god, we're going on a date!" George cheered in his mind as a big smile was drawn on his face. He couldn't help but raise his fist in the air in victory after he put away a basket in the car's backseat.

"..."

"... Well, not exactly, but I am taking Dream out on a date."

"He doesn't even see it as a date."

"Brain, please, just let me have this moment."

"Fine, but it's not the time to celebrate yet. We have a big day ahead of us, George. You know today has to be perfect."

"I know, I know."

"Okay, I think that's everything," George said to himself as he closed the car, an excited smile still slapped on his face. "Let's check up on Dream."

George then turned around and headed towards the kitchen door, happily skipping inside. He smiled even wider when he found Dream at the foot of the stairs, holding the white and blue bouquet in his hands. The blond man looked up at George and immediately gave the brunet a sweet smile.

Dream looked stunning.

"As always." George's inner voice playfully scoffed. "Close your mouth, you idiot. You're drooling!"

It was then that George realized he was, indeed, drooling over Dream. He immediately closed his mouth shut and put a hand over it as he felt his cheeks warming up. He cleared his throat as he looked away, trying to hide his blushing face.

"Dream! Um, you-" All of a sudden, George forgot how to speak. "Y-you look hot- Wait, NO! I mean- you are hot, but what I meant right now was that--- You look good right now. I-I mean, y-you always look good, but t-today is better."

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

After saying that, George mentally slapped himself for saying something so embarrassing. Dream was frozen in place, unable to process George's words of compliments that he slammed into his face.

"Oh, t-thank you, you too. You're cute. Wait, have I already said that?" Dream almost slapped himself with the bouquet in his hand for being so flustered. Only George can do that to him.

"Are you ready to go?" George managed to ask, saving them both from their awkward exchange seconds ago.

"Um, oh yeah. But first, I wanna put these into a vase." Dream answered, his voice gentle and warm as he raised the flowers closer to his face as he sweetly smiled. George melted at such a beautiful scenery unfolding in front of him; A handsome Dream, dreamy eyes, and a sweet, sweet smile. George wanted to taste those lips.

"Oh, oh, of course." George felt even more flustered at Dream's actions. Looks like Dream greatly appreciates the flowers.

If only he was looking at me like that instead of the flowers.

"I haven't found any vase, though. Do you have one, George?" Dream's voice snapped the shorter man back into reality. "Do you know where I can find one?"

"Oh, um, yes! I think I have one in my room. I'll go get it." George replied. Then he quickly climbed the stairs towards his room.

The blond man softly chuckled as he watched the cute brit quickly shuffle around him and ran upstairs. Then he returned his gaze to the bouquet in his hands, he did greatly appreciate the flowers that were gifted to him. As a man, he rarely ever receives flowers. It would usually be him giving things like this, so the change was nice.