[ Chapter 19 : 12 Years Ago ]

Start from the beginning

" No " he said, I snickers.

" Anyways, how are things with Sasha? " I asked.

" She got discharged last month, she's living at Zenix's place now and things are pretty good, she's recovering, her brain is rebooting and memories are coming back piece by piece " he said.

" It's good to hear that " I smile, he smiles back at me and our eyes couldn't get off each other.

" I should clean the dishes and clean the place before my parents come home " I said, he nodded and his eyes flicker down to my lips.

" Yeah, you should do that " he said.

I didn't even realize that my hand swings across and slap him on his cheek, he turns to me with wide eyes.

" That's for calling me kitten " I said.

I press my lips into a line and couldn't help it but peck him on his cheek where I slapped him.

" And that's for being an idiot "

~ Time Skip ~

Gene knock on the door twice as I stand behind him with my bag hanging on my shoulder, our hands intertwine while my other hand is holding an insulated soup container.

" It's been a while since I met Sasha, do you think she remembers me? " I asked.

" I think so, it depends, her memory has been improving " he said and the door opens to reveal Zenix.

" Gene, Y/n your finally here, come on in " he moves away from the door and we enter as he shut the door behind us.

I let go of Gene's hand then turn to Zenix.

" I brought this for Sasha " I pass him the container.

" This is a soup I made for Sasha, I have no other idea what to bring " I said.

" Aww, you didn't have to but thanks, I'll keep it for dinner " he smiles as he take it.

" She's in the living room " he said, I nodded.

I follow Gene into the living room, I see Sasha sitting down with a blanket over her legs and a mug of hot cocoa.

" You look better " Gene said.

" That is because I feel better " Sasha smiles.

" I'm not sure if you remember me " I said as I sit down next to her.

" I do remember you Y/n " she said, I smile.

" I'm glad, how's therapy? " I asked.

" Not so good " Zenix walk in.

" You weren't there " Sasha said and Zenix sit down next to Gene.

" Were you given any medications? " I asked.

" I already finish off my meds last week, I'm just going through therapy for my brain, something like that " she said.

" What happened? " I asked.

" Three years ago, a few of us were caught by him, I thought I was going to die, but I managed to escape but, I don't know about the others "

" A few as in how many? " I asked.

" I don't know, five to seven maybe " she said.

" Do you now remember anything that happened?, Maybe anything that gives us information about Ivy, Elise or Mark? " Gene asked.

" We're still working on that " Zenix said.

" Apparently I'm not able to remember a few things " Sasha said.

" It's still a blur " Zenix said.

" Last time, you mentioned about escaping someone? " I asked.

" Oh, our leader " she said.

" What's his name? " I asked.

" We don't know his real name " Gene said.

" Our group is only to call him by his fake name, Jared " he said.

" We were escaping from him because he's crazy " Sasha said.

" How long ago was this? " I asked.

" 12 years ago, we made a plan " she said.

" We had no choice but to do it " Zenix said, I swallow a lump in my throat.

" What was the plan? " I asked.

" He was driving all of us insane, so we set a trap " Gene said.

My fingers curl around the cushion.

" It was my idea to begin with, we trapped him under heavy metals then set the place on fire " Zenix said.

" And? " I asked.

" He survived " Sasha said.

" All of us got separated and for years we've been running our entire lives, since now some people are obligated to be armed it's more dangerous to be out there when he's roaming around " she said.

They tried to kill him.

" So your saying, you guys tried to kill him? " I asked feeling my blood boiling.

" Basically, it didn't work out " Gene said, I glare at him.

" What's wrong? " He looks at me in concern.

" I have to go " I grab my bag as I stand up then head to the door.

" Y/n?! " Zenix shouts.

I run up to the door then leave the house, speed walking off the porch and to my truck.

" Hey! " I hear Gene's footsteps behind me.

I take out my key and I was turned around by my arm.

" What happened back there? " I look up at Gene and slap him.

He takes a step back then look at me in shock, I feel a tear roll down my cheeks.

" Lose my number "

There goes that.

Bye!

ฅ'ω'ฅ

~ Mariko