Atlas

Piper

Thank all the gods the ride was over. The entire trip was full of the Avengers asking us questions none of us really wanted to answer.

I would be really happy when all of this was over, and I could finally go and see Shel again.

Apollo parked the Sun Chariot School Bus safely for once, and allowed us to all climb out. He waved sunnily and drove off again, the Sun Chariot returning to sports car form.

So now we were at the foot of Mount Tamalpais getting ready to visit Atlas.

Calypso looked nervous and rightfully so. From what I knew of mythology and Percy and Annabeth's stories, he wasn't a great dude. And somehow we were supposed to get help from him?

Let's just hope this works otherwise Percy and Leo...

I brushed away that thought the minute it entered my mind. There was no point in considering the worst when we still had a chance,

"Shall we get going then?" Steve asked awkwardly.

We nodded and began the ascent in silence.

It wasn't the comfortable kind of silence either, it was awkward and uneasy as if some of us had finally realised the stakes now that we were here.

I wondered how the Avengers were coping with all of this. Sure they had saved America before, but this was world-level destruction if we failed. I knew from personal experience that it was a heavy burden to bear,

"So do you guys want to chat or something?" Bruce suggested, trying to break the almost visible walls in between us.

We looked at each other and shrugged,

"Sure I guess."

"So are any of you mechanics?" Tony asked, "I had a few questions about your weapons."

Leo perked up instantly and bounced over to Tony to begin chatting about how our weapons worked and new ideas for inventions.

Will moved over to Clint, having seen his bow and arrows, and Nico followed him.

Those two were so cute, I fully support them.

Thor decided to chat with Hazel. I wondered what they were talking about, I couldn't see anything obvious in common after all.

Frank looked over at her to make sure she was ok before turning to Steve and discussing being a leader or something.

Thalia and Reyna drifted over to Natasha, clearly drawn in by her Girl Power attitude.

Annabeth engaged in some conversation with Bruce about science. It was absolutely thrilling I'm sure, by the look of complete and utter boredom and confusion on Percy's face as he strolled alongside them.

I chuckled a little under my breath before walking over to the two new Hunters. Might as well get to know them, seeing as we'd all be fighting together at some point,

"Hey," I greeted them with a friendly smile.

Kelsey looked up at me shyly,

"Hey," she replied softly.

Nina snorted and turned her head away from both of us.

I frowned slightly but elected to ignore her rudeness, it may be her way of protecting herself, or it could just be her personality,

"So how are you two doing?"

This time, Nina deigned to reply,

"Fine."