Well, More Mysteries For Us Then

Bruce

I was chilling in the lounge when Tony and Steve ran in.

Clint and Thor looked up from their pop tart eating competition, which Thor was winning somehow, whilst I sat up hurriedly. Nat looked as if she experienced this kind of thing often, and stayed where she was, leaning on an armchair watching Clint and Thor.

Steve and Tony stood still for a minute, probably letting Tony catch his breath - I swear, that man is really bad at running - before speaking,

"Guys, we have more info on the kids."

I instantly became alert. I had wanted to know more about them ever since I met them, and I really wanted to know what they had been talking about,

"What did you find?" I asked,

"Wait, this is not wise to partake in!" Thor warned, looking alarmed.

Tony didn't pay any attention to him,

"Well, I couldn't work out the other language in the first conversation, but I could pick out some Norse words. It all seems to be about a Magnus dude, who died a few years back, but they were talking about him as if he were alive!"

Thor was looking increasingly paranoid with every word coming out of Tony's mouth. Eventually, it got to the point where I couldn't take it any more,

"Thor, what is the matter?"

"This is not for you to know! Stop researching it, if you value your minds and sanity," he cried desperately.

Nat looked at him curiously, like she was studying him very hard, trying to read his emotions,

"Wow. You are acting strange, Point Break, but if you like, I'll stop researching it - for now."

I only just caught the last part, I don't think Thor did, as he relaxed, looking much happier,

"Anyway, we were going to confront Fury about it, when we overheard a phone call from Charles Xavier, saying that they were being attacked and the kids had vanished. But that wasn't all," Steve carried on, ignoring Natasha's pointed look towards the end,"Xavier then told Fury that he wasn't able to reach into their minds."

"But he's the most powerful telepath ever!" I protested.

Clint furrowed his eyebrows at this,

"We're missing something here, something big. I think we should try to find them again."

"That's what we thought," Steve agreed, "What do you say for a mission to find these kids?"

                             --()--

Calypso

As soon as I heard the prophecy, one line was ringing in my head,

And fail without Sky-Bearer's helping hand,

Sky-Bearer... Only one person I knew bore that title - dear old dad. If the prophecy meant we needed Atlas' help, we might as well be dead.

Not just because I didn't want to see him, but because he'd never help us, not me, not Percy, not Annabeth, not any of us. If you want to look at how little he cares, just look at how he treated Zoe! He killed her! I still haven't forgiven him.

When Percy told me about that, I wanted to go up and slap him into oblivion.

The rest of the group was silent, thinking.

Annabeth was especially pale, and Percy almost as bad.

I thought about why this might have been.