Some Kid Ruins Our Fun

Tony

I was doing my rounds, checking out the city when I heard the roar. 

Oh of course, I forgot. In case you have been living under a rock since 2008, I am Tony Stark, billionaire, genius, playboy and philanthropist, and of course, I am Iron Man.

I joined the Avengers in 2012 and we saved the world from Loki, since then, I've been patrolling the city for any other threats and become a superhero.

Anyway, it was my turn on patrol and I was just flying over Central Park when a literal monster came roaring out of the trees,

"Iron Man to the Avengers, we have a problem," I said into my helmet,

"What kind of problem Stark?"

Oh dear. That's Fury. Guess I'm late for a meeting or something,

"Uhh... It appears to be a monster?"

"A monster," Fury replied, disbelievingly,

"Uhuh," I nodded my head, despite no one being able to see it,

"I'll send over some of the Avengers then. This had better not be a prank call Stark, I'm already considering booting you."

"Ok sure. Remind me again who's tower the Avengers live in? And who's money funds SHIELD at the moment?" I retorted.

Fury said nothing. I smirk into my helmet, knowing I've won.

Looking back at the monster, I determined that it was probably a Minotaur, though how that could happen, I did not know.

Wow, Tony Stark not knowing something.

I glanced at it again and it had suddenly received backup. A lot of it.
These weird snake ladies joined it and formed ranks behind the Minotaur. It was almost as if they knew we were coming.

I had almost decided to engage anyway without backup, (Something that constantly gets me in trouble) when these seven kids raced out of the trees in front of the monsters, each holding some kind of weapon. There was a black-haired boy with a sword; a boy with a spear and a bow & arrow; a girl with dark hair with a longer sword; a girl with choppy, brown hair with a knife; a blonde girl with a knife; a short boy with a wrench; and a girl with nothing who just raised her hands.

I blinked,

"Okay.... They're on a suicide mission."

"What? What's happening Stark?"

Fury was instantly alert, probably wondering what was going on, not that I knew myself.

The kids all rushed forwards, except for Spear-boy and Hands-girl. I expected them to die instantly but they surprisingly did not, each of them engaged at least five monsters at once. Spear-boy and Hands-girl stayed at a distance and provided long-range support, and Sword-boy went straight for the Minotaur.

By then I was more amazed than worried and hadn't even considered giving air support, but at this my concern rose again,

"What's he doing? He'll die!" I yelled down at them.

Only Hands-girl heard me, though. She looked up and shouted,

"Don't worry! He killed this thing when he was twelve, he'll be fine!"

What. The. Actual. Heck.

Killed it when he was twelve? How? How did he not die? That thing is a good 7ft tall at least. He should have been outmatched to a point of which he shouldn't even try! Let alone manage to kill it!