Part 14

Taehyung shrugged, "How the hell would I know?"

"Because he's your best friend?" Jungkook pouted, leaning back in his seat.

"Well you're friends with him too, just..ask him,"

"I don't wanna!" He complained.

"It's literally just asking Jinnie Hyung what he wants for his birthday, it's not that big of a deal," Taehyung pushed his water to the side, grabbing out a pen, turning the paper place mat over to the side.

Jungkook watched as he began sketching absentmindedly, tongue poking out of his lips in concentration, the picture of adorable.

"So pretty," He mumbled, placing his head on his palm, elbow rested against the table.

Taehyung's head snapped up, "What was that?"

"Umm...n-nothing, I just said...Jin Hyung is petty," He smiled nervously.

Taehyung cracked a small smile, "That he is. He still refuses to hug Yoongi Hyungie after he we pranked him,"

"Why does he still hug you then?"

"Oh I told him it was Hyungie's idea. It was really mine!"

Jungkook snorted, shaking his head.

Their orders had been taken just a few minutes ago, and the resturant was busy, meaning they had some time to kill before they would get their food.

"Hey..Jungkook?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah?"

"What do friends do?"

Jungkook tilted his head, "What do you mean?"

"I just...What do friends do? Like..how do they act around each other? What do they do when they hang out? That sort of stuff,"

"Come on, don't act like you don't hang out with friends," Jungkook smiled, thinking Taehyung with messing with him, "You hang out with Jin Hyung and Yoongi Hyung all of the time,"

Taehyung bit his lip, playing with his fingers, "Jinnie and Yoonie are more like my parents than anything, I don't really consider them my friends. They're family,"

"..okay. But what about your other friends?"

When Taehyung chose to look down, staying silent, Jungkook felt his heart break further.

"You have had friends, right?"

Hesitantly, Taehyung shook his head.

"Holy shit," He breathed, slumping down in his seat.

Sure he had met people with only 1 or 2 people they would deem 'friends'. But those people would spend all of their time with said friends, they still knew how to interact.

"Well....it really depends on the people, I guess," Jungkook mumbled.

Taehyung's looked back up, eyes shining with hope.

"It depends on your personalities. Like with my friendship with Jimin. We're best friends, of course, and we live together, and hang out all of the time. But then look at Jin and Yoongi. They don't really hang out that much anymore, do they?"

"No, not really,"

"But they're still best friends, they'd still die for each other. So it depends on the people. For you, you're closed off, it's really freaking hard to be your friend," He said, "So I'm guessing you aren't really the skinship type,"

Taehyung blushed, though he tried to hide it, "Actually," He mumbled, "I like to cuddle and hold hands with Jinnie, sometimes Yoonie if he's in a good mood,"

"Oh. Then that changes things. You and Jimin both like skinship, so if you get close enough, enough to feel comfortable with each other, you could have movie nights and cuddle, or things like that,"

"But what about with you?" Taehyung blurted out, before he could stop himself, shut himself up.

Taken by suprise, Jungkook just gaped at him for a second, before coming back to his senses, "I um..I'm not huge on hugging and stuff. I don't mind it, it really just depends on whose hand I'm holding, you know?"

"So do friends hold each other's hands?"

"Some do, yes,"

Taehyung puffed out his cheeks, trying to gain some confidence.

"Do you think we could hold hands?"

~~~~

Jimin thought he was going to either pass out from shock, or kill his best friend in anger. But he wasn't entirely sure which was more appropriate at the moment.

Jungkook and Taehyung walking through the door holding hands was most definitely not what he wanted to see.

"The fuck?" Was the first thing he said.

Taehyung's eyes almost lit up, "Jimin! We're friends right?"

The youngest had disregarded how rude Jimin had been earlier that day, deciding he wanted to start over.

"...Yeah?"

"Can we hold hands too?"

Yeah, Jimin thinks passing out would be good.

"Jimin?" Taehyung asked, "Is that a no? It's..fine if not. I don't want to make you uncomfortable,"

"No!" He yelled, making Taehyung more confused.

"What?"

"No to no! I want to hold your hand!"

Taehyung grinned, "Yay! Jungkookie told me that friends cuddle and stuff, and I thought that as friends, we should do that stuff, right?"

"No, that's not what I said," Jungkook was ready to clarify, bringing their joined hands up, "I said some friends do, it depends on the friends,"

"Same thing,"

"Since when has he been Jungkookie?" Jimin pouted, making Jungkook smirk.

'Payback bitch,' The younger mouthed, still pissed about Jimin giving Taehyung a hickey. He was more angry than Taehyung ever was.

"Oh! We made nicknames today!"

Jungkook's smirk widened, "Yes we did. He's my TaeTae, I'm his Jungkookie,"

"I want nicknames!"

Taehyung pursed his lips, tapping his chin with his free hand, the other still wrapped around Jungkook's.

"I'll call you.....Jiminie? Cuz then it's Jiminie and Jungkookie!"

"Okay, then I'll call you baby,"

"What?" Jungkook and Taehyung asked at the same time.

"Jungkook calls you Prince and TaeTae, so I want to call you Taebaby, is that alright?"

"I mean......." Taehyung mumbled, "I don't mind, if friends do this stuff,"

"Good," He smirked.

"Guys, Jinnie Hyung wants me to go over to his house, I guess I'll be back in a little bit," Taehyung showed Jungkook the text he was sent, the eldest of their friend group demanding he come over as soon as possible.

"Why don't we come with you?" Jimin asked, coming to peer over Taehyung's shoulder at his phone.

"Good idea!" Taehyung smiled, "Hyungie would probably love to see you guys!"

_________________________________________________________________

1002 words hoes

So Taehyung's personality didn't just..change overnight. Yeah he's wayyyyy more friendly and outgoing, but I do the same thing. The second I find interest in a person or feel the slightest bit comfortable with them, I act way different. I'm more talkative and more happy around them. I'm just using how I act to create a hopefully interesting character.

This chapter is weird and awful, but idrc because it's important to the next one

Stay safe and healthy <3

Anyways, bye bye <33!!