*|36|*

© Claimed By Him ~ Elektra Orfanos

The courtyard was filled with chattering people, all dressed in their court finery. A table was laden with red velvet cakes, fruit tarts and delicate glasses of berry drinks. I spoiled myself with the treats. Lively but elegant music played and many couples or aquaintences danced as guards were posted at corners of the courtyard and at the doors sneaking a few drinks every once in awhile,

"Pardon me." Ella came up to dressed gloriously in pink, pink feathers, pink pearls, pink satin with golden print. That's what she wanted, she wanted to be bright pink and seen from the dark corners of the world. So I turned her into a glamorous flamingo. She grabbed a cake ready to delicately stuff it in her mouth but when her dark eyes met mine she eyed at me suspiciously behind her small pink mask. "Do I know you?"

"Sorry I'm mute." I replied walking away smiling to myself.

"Luna?" She called out shocked. I shushed her. "You're not supposed to be here."

"Who is this Luna you speak of?"

She answered back panicked. "Father will throw a public fit."

"Oh dear, poor beautiful Luna, well I hope you find her before that happens." I chuckled finding my way back to Mari at the double doors to the grand mansion. We stood beside it sticking together to analyse the party guests drowning in their extravagance and envy of each other's 'uniqueness' slowly getting bored out of our minds.

"I've been here for half an hour and no one has asked me to dance." She complained. She perfected her golden pleated dress that is low cut and emphasises her large curves, she as well put on a powdered wig however covered in golden glitter and her mask was just more golden glitter stuck around her eyes.

I am in the red gown she made for me and a beautiful silver mask that hides the wound on my cheek but I added lace pattern gloves that are fingerless and ride up to my elbow. "Aren't you waiting for your lover?"

"Still it doesn't hurt to reject a few men."

"What's the point if you're just going to reject them?"

"Don't act as if you do not know what I am talking about."

"In all honesty Marilyn I do not." I smirked as she pouted unamused. Her Aqua eyes then gazed over my shoulder and I followed her gaze at two men who had just stepped through the doors behind me and paced to the top of the staircase glaring over the courtyard. "Is one of them him?" I asked her in a whisper.

"Yes. It is." She sounds breathless which I found extremely adorable as well as over dramatic. She lightly gasped gripping my wrist and we both smiled like little girls that had never seen boys before. "He's about to talk. Sh."

"Is she here?" The golden haired man asked his friend. I giggled behind my hand eyeing at the lion tail he's wearing on his white trousers. Did he do that for the sake of being extravagant or because he wants to please Mari? But that would mean he would know what Mari is.

I frowned because yes, it does annoy me that she would tell some man she's known for a night her secret before telling me but I didn't make a fuss of it. Not tonight when she's so happy to see him.

"I can't smell her out remember she and her fiends have no scents." Said the man next to him dressed in all black. His deep voice did something to my stomach and I felt suddenly the air grow thick as I felt like I was surrounded by flames.

"Oh no he brought the dog." Mari scowled while my heart swelled in my breast. I didn't recognize the back of his head because a little part of his hair is tied in a tiny ponytail then the rest out. Is it odd to find the of back of someone attractive? It's almost like you can just tell they look absolutely handsome from the front. His hair is as lustrous as a panther pelt and I already know how annoyingly perfect his face is.