*|40|*

© Claimed By Him ~ Elektra Orfanos

Should I have tagged along behind my family as they ran to their carriage?

Probably.

But I veered my direction to a black stallion climbing onto it to charge it towards the howl.

I should have followed my family however I don't like being ordered around.

Stay out of his way?

Please wolf man. You stay out of mine!

Of all the things to say to me and he quotes Mr Crowly. He's treating this as if it's a game. I can't help but be angered by it, but I fooled him anyway. After everything I've been through I'm not just about to runaway. I've invested too much into this. As I drew closer thoughts of Sam blew away with the wind and I rode up the hill pausing in front of the forest. I glanced back at the manor watching the guests and guards run around like colourful dots then I looked back at the forest and the trees outstretched their arms towards me beckoning me to enter.

The horse isn't eager though didn't deny my command either. We raced forward pumped with adrenaline and my wig got pulled off, caught in a branch which I'm glad because it had become a nuisance.

"Alpha!" I called out. I slowed the horse holding tightly onto the reins till my knuckles turned white and I started searching for his looming shadow.

I cannot feel his presence anywhere but I can sense the horse's distress so I patted his mane trying to calm him. "It's alright." I whispered in his ear. "Feel free to runaway when I hop off." That calmed him down for moment before he began to panic and tried to shake me off, it leaped up onto its hind legs neighing in terror and my hands lost a hold of the reins causing my body to smack onto the ground. I screamed at the golden orbs glowing in the darkness and the horse bolted in the opposite direction leaving me alone with it.

For awhile it was silent apart from the gusting wind and my nails dug into the dirt unable to stand the suspension. I will not make the first move.

I will be very annoyed if those eyes are actually fireflies.

'Why did you scream?' I shivered at the sound if his deep voice.

"I just fell off a horse, screaming seemed appropriate."

'Don't be sarcastic with me! You've lost that privilege.'

"I'm sorry," I said trying to sound as calm as possible. Inside I'm agitated yet more frightened. "It was impossible for me."

'I waited and I waited.'

"I suggest bringing a novel next time."

'Do not joke.'

"You didn't-you didn't kill anyone did you?"

'Like I said I waited for you and you never showed.'

Holding my tongue I replied. "Oh Alpha please forgive me. I was trapped in my own home by my fr-father's rule. He thought I was going to sneak out and ruin my reputation with some poor boy."

'Well you realize why I had to kill those people.'

"You're positively cruel that's why."

"Luna! Luna where are you!?" I don't recognise that voice and it's too far to be of danger but Alpha tensed up anyway.

"I promise to meet you next full moon. Please just don't kill anyone else."

'Why not?' Because it's wrong and unnecessary if he can consume human food.