*|6|*

© Claimed By Him ~ Elektra Orfanos

Mother grimaced when I hugged her from behind and rested my head on her shoulder. My size sort of towers over her so I had to hunch over a bit.

"I'm sorry mother. I really thought I could do it... Kill the wolf." I whispered. We both stared into the flames in the fireplace letting each other dwell in our own thoughts almost embracing the silence. The fire cracked and I just imagined Alpha's eyes holding the flames in his pupils while his fangs dripped with drool. I winced and looked away from the fire to the crimson walls that only reminded me of blood not comforting me at all.

"You know I still don't believe a word of it." She said more gently. Her hand reached up and squeezed my arm and I held back a groan.

"Believe what you want it's the truth." He wants to see me again. I don't know what that means and I'm keen to find out but it's just I wanted someone to understand what I did and why I'm willing to do it again. It's complete stupidity yes, I realise that but that's the only option we have. He took my brother and I refuse the idea of my grandparents being next.

She sighed. "Go with Ella to the market I'm giving the servants the day off so as punishment you will be doing the chores. She has the list but..." She backed away from me scrunching up her nose. "Take a bath first." She ordered. "You reek."

I held back another groan and managed a chuckle. Well you would smell to after sleeping with a wolf and dead remains. God I slept with rotting bones to... "Yes mama." I rushed upstairs taking a few spare moments to stare at the study door where the tyrant lurks doing God knows what. I fear that if I stare at this door any longer he will jump out and roar so I began walking again to the bathroom. Where there is a fireplace already lit to warm the room, the walls are pale blue making it seem like the room is bigger than it actually is, the windows are fogged from the heat and I avoided the mirror not tempted to see what kind of horrid creature I'd catch staring back at me.

Talk about self loathing...

Ella stunned me when I caught her running the bath in the middle of the room then she tied her hair back in a messy bun.

Is she going to be doing the chores as well? "Why are you getting punished?" I asked confused.

"For being a snitch." She said annoyed. She rolled up her sleeves and turned to me with a stern expression that aged her. No wonder she behaves older than she is.

I laughed not just at her attempt to be superior but the fact that mother told her off for being nosy. "I knew mother loved me."

She scowled and rolled her eyes going red with fury. "You stink." Ella stated.

"Sleeping with a wolf will do that to you." I said seductively just to scare her.

She made a disgusted face. "Please don't be saying stuff like that in public or I'll order father to disown you."

"I'm crazy not stupid." I replied unbuttoning my midnight blue cotton dress which I have completely stained and ruined on the bottom. Typical for father to not even notice I look like a reck but then again this was all hidden by the table. I'll give him points though for not mentioning anything about my cleavage this time.

Apparently I'm inviting all the men to jump me. It's not my fault they can't control their little pickles.

"Mix of both actually." She walked over and helped unbutton it. Once out of everything I sunk down into the warm water as Ella moved the floral screen to give me privacy and then I heard her pull up a chair to sit on the opposite side.