*|4|*

© Claimed By Him ~ Elektra Orfanos

I can't sleep when he's staring at me like that.

His golden eyes are glowing and they're piercing into my face like he's trying to burn holes in it. Even with my eyes sewn shut I feel his intense stare almost like any moment now he will decide to attack me.

I don't know how long I can pretend to be asleep for.

He's-might I add- also blocking the exit to the cave not that I can easily run from him anyway but it's nice to have the option. It's seems that he doesn't trust me enough to fall asleep, that he thinks I might just sneak past him and he doesn't have to worry... Because I don't have a death wish anymore. I love life too much to give it up so soon.

Besides he did make it very clear that I'm not going anywhere tonight.

He did want to cuddle but I made the point of my discomfort of sleeping with a male -wolf or not- I don't trust his motives.

Surprisingly he was very lenient. Almost a gentleman... Gentlewolf?

However I regret my decision with the warm fire out and the night being so cold and cruel. Having his warm pelt to protect me has now become tempting.

"Must you watch me like that?" I asked leaning on my elbow unable to pretend anymore.

'I thought you were trying to sleep?' He sardonically said.

"You're making it hard by the intense stare. I figure why dream of my nightmare when I'm staring at one?" I regretted it as soon as it left my mouth.

'Well that hurts.' He replied dully but I sense a little hurt.

"So it does have feelings." I mockingly awed hoping to cheer him up.

He chuckled but it sounds forced and vicious. 'Just go to sleep little one.'

"I'd rather be in my own bed." I winced.

'Well unfortunately you won't be. Suck it up princess.' First little one now I'm a princess? I'm not asking for much I just want a comfy warm place to sleep. Staying out here in a cave was not on my to do list. I honestly didn't expect to even live through the night and maybe I won't, maybe once I fall asleep he will eat me alive.

I shivered at the thought. "Why should I suffer?"

'Consequence for trying to kill me.'

"Hm... I see." I averted my eyes down at the ground biting my lip. I'm punished for trying to kill him but what's his punishment for actually murdering and eating those people. I shivered again, lying on my side and hugging myself to keep me warm. "It's just so cold here without the fire." He stood and strolled over to me making me shift nervously until his body curled around me protectively. This time I let him and snuggled into his fur dipping my nose in it and breathed in his pinecone smell. "Thank you." I whispered. I swear I felt him shudder a bit from my breath. Maybe I do have an affect on him. Or it's just my bad breath acting up again...

'Mmmm goodnight little one.' He purred with his head nestling right next to my own.

"My name is Luna." I said but I don't know why. He started laughing again so I playfully elbowed his big fluffy belly. "Don't make fun of my name."

'It's not funny just ironic.'

"How?" I questioned curious.

'Go to sleep Luna.'