Chapter 57 - Finally

Marcus POV

Marcus POV

Moments after Mew meets Sophia at the restaurant

I was so happy tonight! I finally resolved one of my problems; I'm so thankful that Sophia was such an understanding friend. She has been like this even before; I still consider her my best friend even though we haven't seen each other for a long time. She has been my good friend since I was a child before Gulf became my friend. I'm thankful to her because she helps me convince our parents not to push through with the engagement.

Yes! They are planning to engage us. They told us that when Sophia and her parents came into my parent's house last Sunday. I was so thankful that my baby had already left us when dad opened that topic, or else I did not know how he would take it if he heard that my parents were planning to engage me with someone else.

I cannot blame them; they are just worried about me after Allyssa left me for no good reason. Till now, I still don't know why she left. She's like disappeared in thin air, and no one has heard from her ever since. I can't believe she will sacrifice everything, even her career, to break up with me. Am I that suffocating that she's so desperate to be away from me?

After she left, I was a mess. They were trying to help me move on, and they thought being with someone like Sophia would help me. I regret that I didn't tell them about my relationship with Gulf after we finally became a couple. I admit I was so afraid. I'm so scared of what their reaction will be. I worried they would force me to leave Gulf and be with someone I didn't love.

It was already happening right now. It was so problematic after my parents announced it to us; I wanted to tell them that night that I couldn't be with Sophia anymore because I already had Gulf. The man I love and the person I want to spend my whole life with. I love him so much, and I don't want to imagine my life without him by my side anymore. I tried to talk to dad that night and tell him the truth.

Flashback

After Sophia and his parents left our house, I immediately approached dad. I want to talk to him to stop that engagement. I can't be with anyone right now because I already have Gulf. Sophia and I are so shocked by the news. She also didn't know that the one reason why they went back here to Thailand, aside from their company, was that our parents wanted us to be together.

"Hi, Dad, can I talk to you?" I am currently here at dad office at the house

"Yes, Son! What is it?" He stopped checking something on his laptop and faced me

"Ahh, about the engagement thing. Why so sudden, dad? Why didn't you talk about it to me first? You drop it on me like it was nothing!" I asked him

"Yes, Son, I'm sorry about not talking to you about it first, but your mom and I were so worried about you. We want to help you to move on. We want you to be happy again. Do you know that your mom always visited you every day to check up on you after your breakup with Allyssa, but she was afraid to face you? She always comes home crying to me because she is so worried about you. How can she not? She's your mother! We want you to be okay again. We want to ensure you are happy and know that being with someone again will help you achieve that. Especially if that someone is Sophia, we know her already. Your mom and I have treated her like our daughter since you are both a child. We know how close you are. We know she can help you. You're perfect for each other." My dad told me.