Chapter 58 - Hi babe!

Marcus POV

Marcus POV

I was shocked when Gulf suddenly asked me to have a date with him tonight. He has never done that. I badly want to say yes, but I can't. I need to tell Sophia tonight about Gulf and me. I thought I could still survive not being Gulf again for another night, but I can't! I can't do it anymore! I need to tell her we can't be together because I already have Gulf. I hope she understands and helps me to pursue our parents to stop this engagement.

Here I am at the restaurant meeting with Sophia.

"Mew! Mew, you are spacing out again!" she said. I didn't realize I was thinking to myself again for a long time.

"Ahh, sorry, I'm thinking about something!" I said to her.

"I know you, Mew. Don't even try to hide it from me. I know you have a problem. Come on, tell me! Yes! I'm going to be your Fiancé, but you know I'm still your best friend. You can tell me anything, especially if I'm going to be your wife; I need..." I didn't let her finish.

"I'm sorry, Sophia, but I can't marry you!"

"Ouch, that was harsh! Why can't you? Why? Did I do something? Is something lacking in me? Tell me, Mew, because I can change. I swear! Just give me a chance. Please, Mew! Please! I know you haven't moved on with Allyssa, but I can help you! You don't have to be alone, Mew. I'm here now! You can always depend on me." She looks so hurt by what I just said. I begin to feel guilty now

"I'm sorry, Sophia; it's not about Allyssa. It's because I'm already in love with someone else. We can't be together! I can't leave him!" I said to her

"Who is that person? Tell me! I don't care who that person you love now is. I don't care! Why can't it be me? You knew me first. I've been with you first so please choose me! Please, Mew! I know I can make you love me. Please choose me! Choose me!" She starts begging me. What should I do?

"I'm sorry I didn't...." She didn't let me finish. I was stunned when I saw her laughing so hard. What was that? I don't understand!

"Hahahahaha, got you! Mew! Hahaha! You should have seen your face! Hahahaha!" Sophia was laughing at me. She looked like she was having a hard time already trying to stop herself from laughing.

What the hell is happening?

"Why are you laughing?" I am now so confused why she is laughing at me.

"Hahahahaha, wait, let me breathe first hahahahaha, you're so epic, Mew! Did you believe that I was hurt earlier? Hahahahaha!" She said while trying to hold her laugh.

"You're not?" I asked her confusedly. I'm shocked by her reaction now! I can't read her thoughts.

"Of course, I'm not! God! You? My husband! Ewe~! Like hell, Mew! You are my brother, not my husband! I can never marry you! I'm just waiting for you to tell me that yourself, hahahahaha, but it took you five days before you finally had the guts to tell me your true feelings yourself! Gosh, Mew! You never changed! You're so coward as always, hahahahaha."