Chapter 17 - Proposal

Marcus POV

Marcus POV

Finally, this day has come! It's the day I will propose to the woman I've always wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I've been waiting for this day to happen for three years. I never thought I would be in this situation to ask someone to be with me for my whole life. At first, I thought it would be hard to find someone I would love more than my life, someone I would depend on for my dream and future. Meeting Allyssa is god's answer to all my hopes and dream. I hope everything goes well today. I can't wait to be Allyssa's fiancé!

I woke up early, and after fixing myself, I went directly to the office to ensure that I finished everything, especially those critical documents I must sign. I don't want anything or anyone to disturb my vacation with Allyssa after my proposal. I will bring Allyssa somewhere nice, and it will surely be memorable for both of us. I will make sure that we will make up for all the times we've been so busy with our careers that resulted in us neglecting each other. Thankfully, Gulf was there to plan all of this. He already gave me details of our trip, and as expected, It's perfect. I searched online for the place and saw how beautiful it is.

That place is a paradise, making me wonder how Gulf managed to find and book that place. I guess he is genuinely the right person for this planning thing. I'm excited to bring Allyssa to that place because I know she will love it. I feel bad we cannot go outside the country because of our schedule, but I know this will do. I will try to bring her outside the country when it's okay for both of us.

I ensured that everything was finished and complete when I received a message from Gulf that everything was ready and in place. I can't help but smile widely. Finally! It's happening, Marcus! Please remind yourself to thank Gulf for all this, as none of these would occur if not for him. I promise! I will make sure to give back the same effort to Gulf. I promise that when the time comes that he is the one who will do this for his loved one, I will be the one who will help him.

I checked everything, I got the ring that Gulf bought for me, and in fairness, Gulf has a taste. This ring looks stunning! It's a simple platinum-plated engagement ring with 2-carat diamonds as its center stone. Simple, but it's so beautiful. I'm sure she will love this, and I can't wait to put this on Allyssa's finger!

~~~

I arrived at Allyssa's studio at exactly 5:00 PM. I told her my mom wanted to meet her so she couldn't say no to me. Allyssa respects my mom so much because she is her idol. My mom is a previous ballerina, too; I fell madly in love with her because maybe I saw my mom to her.

I was waiting for her to finish by 5:30. At exactly 5:30, she left her studio; then, we immediately took off to the restaurant.

"Love, I thought we were going to your mom? It isn't the way to your home, right?" My Allyssa asked me while I was driving

"Uhm, love, we are not going to our house!" I hesitantly said to her but continued to drive my car. I looked at her for a few seconds, then looked again at the road.