Chapter 19 - Confused

Marcus POV

Marcus POV

"Will you Marry me, Allyssa? I love you so much, Love! I don't think I can ever love someone more than I love you! Please make me the happiest man alive by marrying me?" I sincerely asked her while looking at her face, hoping to hear the one answer I wanted for the rest of my life.

"Please say yes! Please, love? Please say Yes!". I said in my mind while looking at her.

She is just looking at me too. Allyssa looks so confused, shocked, and thinking. After a few seconds, she gave me the answer that changed everything in my life.

"I'm sorry, Marcus! I'm so sorry! But my answer is no! I can't marry you!" Without waiting for my response, she left!

She just left, leaving me still on my knees, shocked and confused about what had happened.

What? No

I was shocked by Allyssa's response to my proposal so much that I was stuck on my knees for a few seconds. My mind becomes blank; nothing about this makes sense to me.

No? Is her answer, no?

When my sanity returned, I instantly got up and ran after her. Thankfully she was just about to open the restaurant's main door and leave the premises. I ran faster and immediately held her hands to stop her. I don't care if we are making a scene here, but I know I need to stop her by all means.

"Love? No? You don't want to marry me? Why? Did I do something wrong? Did I upset you or something? Please tell me, Love causes I don't understand! We love each other so much, so why are you saying No? Please look at me; Love!" I'm begging her to look at me. I couldn't read her face; no emotions were evident on her face, which was scaring me at the same time, making me so confused because I had never seen her look like this. She looks nothing like my sweet and bubbly Allyssa. What the hell is happening? I don't understand anything!

"Yes, I love you!" She answered faintly but was not looking at me. She loves me, but why say no?

"You love me? So why Love? Why say no? Tell me, please, because I'm so confused right now. Please tell me! I can accept anything, but please tell me why you are saying no to me. I think I deserve an explanation from you." I continue to beg her.

"I'm so sorry, Marcus! But I can't! I really can't accept your proposal! I'm sorry, but I need to go. I need to go!" She said to me. She forcefully removed my hand holding her and proceeded to leave the restaurant. I ran after her again and continued asking why she refused. I don't understand what went wrong for her to be like this to me! We are just so happy, and now it has become like this! I can never accept this! Never!

We were now in front of the restaurant; Allyssa tried to call a cab, but I stopped her by hugging her from behind.

"Please, love! Please don't do this to me! I'm begging you! Please!" I know I sound pathetic for begging Allyssa, especially since we are in a public place, but I don't care! I only want her and will do everything to make her stay! I was hugging her, but she forcefully released herself from me. I walked before her to see her face, but she looked away.