Chapter 18 - Where are you, Marcus?

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

"Hello?" I was surprised because I heard someone crying in the background. Is that Auntie? Is Auntie Vanessa crying? Why?

"Brother Gulf! Help! help!" Elise said in a panic. I started to panic too.

"Why? Princess, what happened? Auntie Vanessa is crying in the background." I tried to calmly ask her.

"Yes, Brother Gulf! Mommy is crying! Please help! We can't find Brother Marcus?" What? Marcus?

"Why! What happened to Marcus? Why are you trying to find him, isn't he supposed to be with Allyssa?"

"No, Brother, He isn't with sister Allyssa! She's gone! Sister Allyssa is gone! Please help!"

"What gone!"

Toot! Toot! Toot!

"Elise? Hello?"

The call got dropped! Fuck! What happened? What did she mean gone? What happened? I didn't wait for Alex to finish anymore! I wrote a letter saying I was sorry but must go home, and I immediately stepped out of the condo! I need to go to Marcus's Parents' house! I need to know what happened!

Please, Marcus! Please be okay! Please be okay! I shouldn't have left you last night!

What should I do? Where are you, Marcus? Where are you?

~~~

As I entered their house, I saw Auntie Vanessa crying hard in the living room while Elise tried to console her. Uncle Luke is on the phone talking to someone. He looks so worried, just like Auntie Vanessa and Elise. I don't know whom he is talking to exactly, but I heard Marcus's name, and Uncle was ordering someone to find him.

"Elise, what happened? Where is Marcus?" I asked as I was already in front of them.

"Brother Gulf! We don't know where Brother Marcus is! Dad was trying to find him, and I had already called him so many times, but he was not answering. We don't know where to find him. He is not in his Condo or even in the office. Brother, please help! We don't know where to go anymore to find him!" Elise said. She almost cracked her voice, but she did her best not to cry.

I have also called Marcus many times, but it keeps getting on Voice Message. Then After trying maybe more than ten times, it's now been turned off.

"What happened? I saw him last night with Allyssa. He was proposing to her. Did you try to contact Allyssa? Maybe they're together?"

I already did call her too, but she is also not answering. I also called the resort where they should go for today, but they said no one booked with the name Marcus Evan Wayne Ayutthaya or Allyssa in their resort.

"The bitch! It's her fault that my son is missing! After all that my Evan gave her! His attention, his time, his love! She will do this! That bitch! I will make her pay!" Auntie Vanessa said, almost shouting. She looked so angry! I was so shocked to see Auntie Vanessa look so mad at someone! She is always smiling at others, especially at people around her. What did Allyssa do for Auntie Vanessa to be this angry with her? Auntie Vanessa ran into her room. She is still crying. Uncle Luke followed her. I turn around to face Marcus's sister.

"Elise! Why is Auntie so angry with Allyssa? Did she do something?" I asked Elise. From worried to Angry look. This is the look Elise has on her face right now.

"Yes! It's her fault! I knew it! She will only hurt my brother Marcus! I warned him about Allyssa, but he didn't listen to me! I know in the end, she can never make Brother Marcus happy! If I see her myself, I will make sure to make her ugly face uglier!" Elise angrily said without looking at me.

"Why? What did she do?" I asked. She gave me her cellphone, and there I saw that there was a text coming from Allyssa.

"See for yourself, Brother Gulf! See how that woman made my brother's life miserable!" I didn't answer her anymore. Instead, I look down to read Allyssa's message inside Elise's phone.

"Hi, Elise! By the time you read this message, I am now at the Airport! All I can say is I'm so sorry! I didn't mean all of this to happen. I can't explain everything to you, but please tell your brother, I still love him. I love him so much, and I'm very sorry for everything. I didn't mean to do it! I don't want to hurt him. It hurt me to leave him, but I had to. Tell him I'm so sorry for rejecting his proposal yesterday! I want to accept his proposal! I do, but my current situation doesn't allow me. I can't be with him right now. I can't choose him over everything and be his wife yet. I'm sorry. It may not be right to ask him this, but please tell him to wait for me. I will come back. When I'm ready, and when I fix myself again? I will come back to him. Also, tell Auntie and Uncle Luke to please forgive me if I'm the reason why Marcus is now hurting. I didn't mean it. Please believe me that I didn't mean all of this. It's just that, no! never mind. I had to go now. Again, I'm so sorry to all of you."

I was so stunned by what I had just read that I almost got Elise's phone dropped on the floor. Thankfully, she was able to grab it before it fell.

"After I received that message from her, I called Brother Marcus to check up on him, but I couldn't contact him. I don't know where he is! I didn't know what had happened. I want my brother!" Elise is now crying again. Fuck! Allyssa did not accept Marcus's proposal! What happened? She loves him! I know she does, but why did she reject him? Is it because of her career?

She can accept the proposal and postpone the wedding date in the meantime, even if she still wants to pursue her dream. I know Marcus will understand. My best friend just wants a fucking assurance from her, and even that she can't give Marcus?

What kind of person is she? Why did she have to reject him? Why! How can she let go of someone like Marcus when someone like me could only wish to have him? Did I make this sacrifice for nothing?

You bitch! I put my trust in you to love Marcus! I already surrendered! But you do this! You fucking hurt Marcus! Wait till I see you again! Let me tell you this! This time I will not back down! I will never give up again, especially on you! Do you want to be back to Marcus? You wish! This time. I will be the one who will love, take care of, and be with him. I will make him mine! If I found him, I would never let you have him again! Not again!

"Brother Gulf, do you know somewhere he can be or someone who might know where he is? Would you please help us find him? Mom and Dad will go crazy if something happens to him, especially Mom! She already lost brother Andrew; she can't lose Brother Marcus too! Me too! I don't want to lose him like we lost brother Andrew! I don't want to lose another brother. Please, brother Gulf! Please find Brother Marcus for us. Please!" Elise is pleading with me. She's crying so hard that her knees give up and is now on the floor, crying. I tried to calm myself and go down too. I need to console Elise! I can't break down because Auntie and Elise need me now!

"Don't worry, Princess! I will find and make him come back to us. I will make sure he is safe." I just hugged Elise because she was still crying. Be thankful, Allyssa, that you are not here at this moment cause if it is. I will hurt you! Not only did you hurt Marcus but also his family. You are so selfish!

After ensuring that Elise and Auntie were okay, I immediately ran out of their house and started finding him. Where the hell did you go, Marcus?

Do you love making me worry? Please, please be safe! I don't know, but wherever you are right now. Even if you are in hell, I will still go there to find you!

Please be okay!

To be continued

WAANJAIMJORA