Chapter 37 - Last straw

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

As I step out of the company to hail a cab, I don't have my car because I don't know how to drive. That bastard Mew promised me that he would teach me, but I guess he doesn't have time because he is busy banging his secretary while I'm gone.

I look like a mess, crying alone in the street. I think many employees notice me on the way out, but I don't care! I'm done! I'm so done! Where are those fucking cabs? I need to get out of here! I was busy hailing the cab, even though I was still crying when someone suddenly pulled me into a hug.

I felt so comfortable with his hug that I stayed for about a minute. I'm still sobbing so badly. He kept caressing my back, saying, "It's okay, Gulf. It's okay! Everything is going to be okay!" I don't know, but a part of me knows I need this! I need someone to hold me right now. We remained like this, but when suddenly I realized that I was hugging a strange man and we were getting so much attention, I pushed him.

I check who it is because I know it is not Mew. How can he be?

"Alex, what are you doing here?" I said while trying to remove the remaining tears on my cheek.

"Gulf! How did I get here is not what is important right now! Are you okay? Are you going somewhere? Do you want me to drive you? I'll take you anywhere you want!" Alex worriedly asked me.

"Ahh, I'm going..." I couldn't finish what I was about to say to Alex because I heard Mew calling from afar.

"Gulf! Stop! Please stay where you are, Gulf!" Mew shouted.

"Please, Alex, you need to go. I'm okay!" I said to him. I need to make him go away! I don't want to include him in my drama with Mew.

"But..." he said.

"Please!" I just gave him my pleading eyes look. Please agree, Alex! Please! I saw the frustration on Alex's face. I'm not sure why he felt that way, especially since he doesn't know what happened! Am I imagining things? Stop, Gulf! This is not the time to think of something else! You need to get away from here!

"Okay, but if you need someone to talk to, I'm here, okay? You know where to find me and here. You can call me anytime!" Alex said while giving him his calling card.

"Thank you!" I said to him. Mew got here in time when Alex had already agreed to go.

"Gulf, who is that guy!" He angrily asked me, he was about to follow Alex, but I punched him! He looked so surprised by my actions that he didn't get to react for a few seconds.

How dare he?

"How dare you ask me that after what I saw earlier! You, ingrate!" I said, mostly shouting at him. I don't care if many people see us. He doesn't deserve my concern. His angry look changes into a sad face. He went near me again and held my hand.

"Gulf! I'm sorry! Let me explain! Please, Gulf! Please!" Mew said, more like pleading with me.

"I saw enough, Mew! I don't care anymore! I'm done! I'm done with our arrangement! I'm done being a martyr! I'm so done with you! Go back and fuck anyone you want! I don't care anymore! Let go of me!" I said to him while removing his hand that was holding mine. Thankfully a cab stopped in front of us, so I immediately rode on it.