Chapter 22 - Finally found you!

Gideon POV

Gideon POV

I'm currently on the way to the resort for Mew. My hands are shaking so badly that I must clench them together to calm them a little. Good thing that I'm not driving because Uncle Luke gave me the signal to use the company car and hire a company driver, or else I would surely be in an accident. I can drive on my own, Uncle Luke taught me before when he was teaching Mew, but I don't think I can drive anything because of my hand.

I already called Auntie Vanessa about this, and he wants to go to the resort with me. She wants to confirm that Mew is staying there. I still remember her shaking voice while crying when she heard me say that I had finally found Mew. She is so relieved, but I said maybe It's not yet okay, especially now. It can overwhelm Mew if he sees us all at once. What if he runs away again? We didn't want that to happen, and Uncle Luke also agreed with me, so he helped me convince Auntie and Elise to let me talk to Mew first. Maybe I can persuade Mew to come home with me; thankfully, Auntie Vanessa agreed.

On my way to the resort, I can't help but cry. I think my eyes are red and swollen already because of so much crying that I've been doing since I left INF. I know I don't have the right to be hurt because I'm not the one who is suffering from all of this but Mew. I'm not the one Allyssa broke, but I can't help it. I feel like every single time ever since Mew was gone. I feel like someone is stabbing my heart over and over again. Everything in my life became unstable and shaking. My worry for Mew's safety is killing me.

I felt like I was drowning every day! I keep pretending in front of everyone that I'm okay. I have to be strong in front of them so that they wouldn't worry about my quality of work, but now! As I am getting near where Mew is, all my emotions are now overwhelming me.

"Sir, we're here!" My driver told me. After a few hours on the road, I am finally here.

I tried to step out of the car, but my body was not coordinating with me. I don't know what's happening. I can't seem to move an inch from my seat. I know earlier I was so excited to see Mew. So excited that if I can fly, I will indeed fly here. But I don't know what's with me now that my body is not cooperating with my mind. My body is stuck on the car seat. My tears keep flowing from my eyes, and it doesn't seem to want to stop.

Please stop! I need to stop crying! This resort is far away because it's located in the south. Some even must ride a plane or boat to get here, but I can only ride a car because I don't have the luxury to book anything.

I continuously cried on the way here! I need to consume all these tears before going to Mew and to be strong when he sees me! For Marcus, I need to be okay!

"Sir, we're here!" My driver said again louder. Maybe he thought that I did hear him the first time. It made me stop crying right away! I forgot I wasn't alone in the car.

"Ahh, Sir, Please..." I was about to ask the driver not to tell anyone what he saw, but he didn't let me finish.

"Yes, Sir. I understand what you want to say, and don't worry. I will not tell anyone about this, even sir Luke. I hope you are okay, Sir! I know it's not my business, but I hope you resolve your problems. You look so sad and helpless earlier. I didn't say anything because I felt like you wanted to have your privacy. It's all right to cry, Sir, but I hope you will be okay. You seem like a good man, Sir! Also, please don't call me Sir, Sir! You are in a much higher position than me; I'm only a driver; you are the President of INF!" My driver said. I felt the sincerity of his words, and I suddenly felt like he was the father I'd lost. It made me smile and relax a bit.