Chapter 13 - Marcus's thoughts

Marcus POV

Marcus POV

I'm so excited about what will happen on Saturday! Finally, after three years of being together, I can say that Allyssa is one step closer to being my wife. Yes, it's just a proposal, but still. It'll be like a foundation for our relationship, and all the worry and uncertainty I have for us will finally be gone.

After this, I will surely be the happiest man on earth, knowing I have the most beautiful and genuine woman. Many people are still doubtful about my relationship with Allyssa, especially my family, but I'm thankful that my best friend, Gulf, is not like them. He supports my love life all the way! He's always been like that since we are young; I'm always thankful I have a friend like him.

I know she's the one in my heart, and I can't imagine myself being in love with someone else. I admit I was very anxious about whether Allyssa will say yes to me or not. I know she loves me; I know she cares for me, and our relationship is real for her as much as it's real for me. I'm just not sure about my position in her priorities. I know how much her career is important to her! It's always been her passion and goal that sometimes scares me because what if my love for her is not enough for me to beat her career in being number one in Allyssa's life?

I was afraid for the past few days. I feel so anxious every single time like I will be losing someone or something significant, and there is nothing I can do to stop it. Elise's words affect me so much! It keeps replying to my mind.

~~~

Flashback

"Ahh, okay, but serious question. Are you sure about Allyssa? I mean, is she the one?" I was shocked when Princess asked me this kind of query out of nowhere. We never talked about my relationship with Allyssa. She's always supportive of me, so why ask this?

"What do you mean by that, princess?" I tried to feel still optimistic. I'm sure Elise has a valid reason why she is asking me this.

"Brother Mew, because I have eyes! I can see things. I know you, brother Mew! You're so much like dad. You two are both so family oriented. I know you want to settle before you become 30. I know your dream is to have your own family, but I don't see that with Allyssa. She has other plans don't you see that? Her priorities are so different from yours. Sister Allyssa is so much like me. We love our careers so much; it's our priority in life. I will tell you now, brother. It will not work! You and Allyssa aren't compatible with each other." I didn't know Elise was thinking like this about my relationship with Allyssa. Is she the only one feeling like this, or it's the same with our parents? I hope not!

"No! That's not true, princess; I'm sure she loves me! I know she also wants to have her own family with me. Maybe she's just busy with her career now, but in time you will see everything will be okay between us. I know she's the one!" I know she loves me. Yes, maybe we're just busy. How can we not be? We are both professional and passionate about our chosen careers. I knew how much Allyssa wanted to be a professional ballerina. Ever since we met five years ago, that is the only thing she will always say! Someday, she wants to be a successful and world-class ballerina like the one who acts on swan lake, but I know we are madly in love with each other. I can feel it.