Chapter 14 - Grateful

Marcus POV

Marcus POV

I've been very grateful to Gulf ever since, but I can't compare how much I'm indebted to him now. I was so surprised when he dragged me outside our office, not minding all those employees that might have seen what he was doing. Did he forget about our situation here at my office at that time?

My employees are eying us, and I can tell they are stunned at how Gulf swiftly drags me outside my office like it's nothing. For sure, they have so many questions about how a mere assistant in training act like that with me can when my employees, whom I've been with for the last three years, can't even look me straight in the eyes. I didn't want to cause any more commotion. That is why I didn't complain and let Gulf drag me anywhere.

We arrived at someplace I don't know. That place was so peaceful that I forgot about my issues and problem with my girlfriend for a few seconds. I admit, at first! I didn't want to recognize and tell Gulf about my problems. He helped me enough. I know he joined my company to help me.

He may think that I didn't notice his true intentions about it, but I know him well enough. He has been so hesitant to work in our companies that he always avoided this topic whenever my parents talked about this with him, so what changed?

It is just a coincidence that I was in the hospital the other day, and the very next day, he wanted to join my company. I don't think so! I've known him all his life, and nothing he can hide from me. I keep my mouth shut because I don't want him to feel bad. If he wants me to know, he will let me know. For now, I will just let him do everything that he wants.

And now, even with my issue with Allyssa, I will have to involve him in this too? I don't think so, but my dear best friend here was so persistent in knowing my issue that I acted this way.

This man knows me inside and out that he will notice if I have changed or If I have problems again that make my life upside down.

Flashback

"You know, it is more convenient if you will share your problems and not keep it inside and just keep thinking about it." I don't know why Gulf must drag me here! I know I made a mistake earlier when I accidentally threw a mag in front of him, but I can't stop myself from being constantly irritated these days.

I thought everything was okay with my life and relationship with Allyssa, but apparently, I'm just assuming that we are okay because we're not! I'm not okay, especially after realizing that Elise is right with everything she said! What if I'm only assuming that Allyssa loves me as much as I love her? But what if I'm wrong? What if, despite my love, she still chooses her career over me? What should I do then? Fuck! I don't know what to do and think now! I feel like going crazy every freaking second of every day that I'm not sure about my actual standing in Allyssa's life.

"What are you saying, Gulf? What problem? I don't have any! Why did you bring me here? You know how much we are busy in the office. I should go back!" I said to Gulf. I don't have the mood to talk about my problems to anyone yet. I need time to think about all of this! I started to walk, but he stopped me by holding my arm and pulling me to turn around so I could face him.