Chapter 39

"Damn it, Hermes, why the Hell did you suggest a drinking contest?"

Hestia, Hermes, Miach and Hephaestus all went out for a drink after getting Lili home safely, it was supposed to be a quiet but Hermes decided to spice things up by suggesting a drinking contest... Which he seemed quite proud of. Fair to say Hephaestus was not interested and spent her time shaking her head at the three other gods.

"Seriously Hestia, you can't complain you lapped up the chance at free boozes... Seriously how much of a leach can you be..."

"IMM not a Leachrr..."

She could barely string together a sentence. As she landed face-first flat onto the table. Seeing her friend in such a state left Hephaestus regretting coming along.

"Well Hestia was never one to learn moderation..."

"SHUT UP MIACH!"

Hestia shouted from the table, Hermes and Miach both dropped a sweat before they burst out laughing.

"Ha-ha I think someone's tired..."

Hestia still didn't pick her head up but she waved off their comment.

"I'm not a child I just don't get the oppa...tunity tooooo Driinkk..."

She trailed off and went quiet leaving the gods snickering at her. They soon burst out laughing as the she started snoring. Even Hephaestus couldn't help but laugh at her friend.

"Ahh well I'll admit this was nice... Its nice to see her relaxing, ever since she found out Bell and Artemis left the city she's been frantic..."

The two other gods nodded. Miach was still unsure why he had been dragged along but it was Hermes that invited him saying that it was his treat. But Miach knew nothing with Hermes was ever that simple. He was also out of the loop on what was happening with Bell and was curious why it was such a big deal.

"I get that Hestia is worried about Apollo but I know Bell, surely Artemis will be safe with him... I don't know the two's relationship or what happened in the past but why is Hestia doing all this..."

Miach looked at the two gods. Hephaestus shrugged.

"I don't know... I still find it strange that she would so easily roll over when it came to her child's relationship... She used to go on and on about how she wouldn't let any other women have him... Yet it seems her own friend was the exception."

Hermes took his mug and nodded but he looked a little unsure, when Hephaestus caught it she gave him an odd look.

"What's wrong Hermes?"
He took a large gulp of his drink and placed it back down as he looked to the now sleeping goddess.

"I don't think she rolled over... I think she feels guilty."

"Guilty?"

Hermes nodded.

"When we were travelling back she was always wondering if we made the right decision... But she worried more about Bell and his mindset..."

He leaned forward as he rested his head in his arm.

"I pushed them together... But even I didn't expect him to fall in love. Hestia didn't expect her friend to fall in love... We both ignored or denied that one fact."

Hephaestus nodded and leaned back looking up at the night sky.

"To think Artemis of all people would fall in love... Goes to show there are no guarantees in this world...Shame it had to be her friend's child..."

"If someone told me that Artemis of all people would fall in love they didn't know her. I think I'll have to see for myself before I truly believe it fully..."