Chapter-28

Bells POV

I was still trying to come to terms with what just happened. One thing was clear I must be seeing things. The hint of blue quickly disappearing must be my imagination. Aiz continued to hold me even after I assured her I was okay.

"It was just a bad dream, trust me I'm okay."

Her golden eyes stared deep into mine, she's probably doing it to find out if I'm lying or not... Luckily she smiled and nodded. I noticed she was moving closer to me. Which was amazing considering she was holding my arm. I don't know what it was but my instincts seemed to kick in and I moved away slightly. She was taken aback by my action but not as much as me.

'Don't tell me Hestia's influence is now second nature...Ive been wanting this for so long so why did I move away?'

She stopped holding onto my arm, moving away. It was sad to know that it was probably a spur of the moment. I got to my feet but to my surprise my feet started to shake. My body was still adjusting after the shock from before. Before I knew it a huge gust of wind hit me. I managed to regain my composure before I was blown off the wall.

"Damn got to be careful..."

Aiz was being quiet. In fact, she seemed to be looking in the opposite direction actively avoiding my gaze.

'Maybe I should take a short walk... My presence probably isn't helping.'

"I'm going to take a quick walk, stretch my legs, I'll be back in a few minutes. Is that okay?"

She continued to stare off in the distance but she nodded none the less allowing me to leave. I turned to the stairs. No point in going to the city might as well stay on the walls. It was long enough that it would take hours to walk around it. but one or two sections would be sufficient enough.

"I'll be back shortly..."

I walked off without another word hopefully the silence would disappear when I return. If not it gives me time to think about what to do next. I looked towards the sun. Judging by its position it was still early in the afternoon. My stomach growled.

'Ha-ha guess I did skip breakfast... I guess when I get back we should get something to eat. Maybe the Hostess will be open by that time.'

I normally avoided going there at night thanks to Syr always managing to get me to spend a mini fortune. That girl definitely earned the title of the witch. Still, she did make me lunches every day... Even if it's a hit and miss. Still, today was a special occasion it was not often I get to spend time alone with Aiz and not have to worry about her Familia finding out.

Another gust of wind hit me. My concentration was else were and I was almost blown off my feet a second time. Luckily split second reactions were a lifesaver in the dungeon. It was probably not the best idea to stay up on the wall for too long. The weather was surely going to take a turn for the worst. The last thing we need is to be in the middle of training and a storm hit.

'I wonder what Hestia and Artemis are up to?'

I tried to move away from Aiz and the thoughts of possible death by trying to think of something else. For good or bad it was going to be something I would have to deal with when I get back. It's not like I was trying to ignore the obvious complications but more then that I was worried about her safety.

'Artemis...'

I took a moment to think. Both Hestia and herself have mentioned she can handle herself. But Hestia still worried about her safety. Was it really the best option? Surely safer options were on the table?

"Maybe I'm just overthinking this."

Perhaps this was a blessing in disguise. Both Welf and Lili had mentioned wanting to go deeper into the dungeon and head for the lower floors. As we are its gonna be a challenge but I'm not gonna turn down another helping hand. She may be a goddess but if what I've heard is true then she never misses a shot... But that could be just be an overreaction.

Keeping the promise (BellxArtemis)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara