chapter 15- Leave

chapter 15- Leave

Glenn's POV

We carried on for about another hour, following the tracks until we got to a highway.

"We drove here when we went to the mall." Carol said. "I saw some directions signs. The center could be on there." 

We walked more until we saw a tree, nearby a load of dead walkers. We went closer to the tree and saw a motorbike...and a crossbow. Daryl's crossbow.

"Oh my God." Rick said

"He must of crashed." Carol said, worried. Rick went over and picked up the crossbow, slinging it over his shoulder. 

"We need to keep going." I said.

 We did. We walked only for about five more minutes until we saw a sign. It was dirty but the writing was still visible. One of the locations on the sign said "arrowhead medical research center, 2 miles"

"2 miles. Ok we can make this" Rick said, hopefully.

We carried on walking for about half an hour until we saw it.

Sophie's POV

It had now been a day since I was given the kinoproxin and I still couldn't speak or swallow but I could move my lips which meant I could mouth what i wanted to say. Luckily both Carl and Daryl were good at lip reading otherwise it would be pointless. I was starving and really thirsty but I still couldn't eat or drink, which sucked.

I was waiting in the room while Carl and Daryl went for food. They didn't take long, only about 20 minutes, then they were back and reattached to their chairs. When Sean and Alice left Daryl said
"Carl, u gonna tell her?"

I looked at Carl "what" i mouthed.
"Ok well next to the canteen is a fire exit.  The security cameras showed that there is a long corridor until the exit.  We figured when you can eat, one of us cause a distraction like set off the fire alarm or something them we make a run for it. "

I nodded. "Of course," Daryl began "that means we have to wait until youre able to get food down ya." "She will be able to drink pretty soon so I guess we can probably do it tomorrow morning." Carl said.

I hoped so. I was so thirsty. I could move my tongue a little and could feel how dry my numb mouth was. My stomach was grumbling too.

Through sheer boredom I fell asleep. 

***

I woke up later, being unchained from the chair, alike Carl and Daryl. We were lead to the canteen. I still couldn't feel my throat so I don't know why I was there. We walked through the corridors and into the cafeteria- I was given a bowl of soup and everyone else had some tomatoey pasta stuff. I could actually eat the soup which was a relief because I was starving. We sat down next to eachother and all nodded at one another,making sure we knew what we were going to do.

Daryl went over to the cutlery tray and picked up a knife. He then pretended to have a bad coughing fit which he then turned into choking, causing all attention to go towards him. That's what we planned. He eventually dropped to the floor and put his hand over his head- a signal for us to go. Everyone was crowded around an 'unconcious' Daryl and we got up and legged it out of the door.

I went first then Carl. He tripped and yelled ow, which caught the attention of Howard who yelled "Hey, They're escaping!" We ran and ran. This corridor was really long. I heard a loud scream coming from back at the canteen which came from a woman. We continued running and running, not stopping.

We could eventually see the door. We were running when I suddenly tripped and let out a scream. My voice was coming back. The soup must have helped. I tried to get up but tripped again, looking at my leg. It had been shot with a tranquilizer dart.

I pulled it out but began to feel dizzy as Carl looked at me and began running towards me.

"Go Carl...Just go." I managed to wheeze before my vision began to blur. The last thing I saw was Carl run out of the door and Howard walking towards me and crouching down at me.

"We really didn't want to do this." He said. Then everything went black.

Daryl's POV

After I saw Carl and Sophie make it out of the cafeteria I picked up the knife from underneath me and jumped up, thrusting it hard into Alice's waist. She screamed loudly and fell to the ground. Everyone began to panic. "Everyone. I can get us all out if you just stay calm." I said. I ran out, back to the cabinets and got out Carl and Sophie's old clothes. I shoved them into an empty black backpack hanging on the wall and put it on my back. Then i went back to the canteen to find it empty. Everyone must have gone off in a panic. I went through the same door and out into the open. I couldn't spot Carl and Sophie anywhere though. I ran around, looking for them both until I saw through one of the windows nearby, an unconcious Sophie being carried by that Howard guy. "Dammit" I muttered to myself and went around to the front of the bulding trying to figure out a way of getting her back. 

"Daryl!" I heard someone call. I looked towards the direction of the voice and saw Rick, Glenn, Carol and Michonne. They all ran over and hugged me.

"Oh thank God you're ok." Carol said. "What happened?" Glenn asked.

"I was driving back from the mall on the motorbike and drove through a herd. I must have crashed because I didn't wake up til I was in there." I said, pointing towards the research center.

"Did you see Carl? Sophie?" Rick questioned. I nodded.

"Carl made it out. I told him to run and that we'd catch up."

"And Sophie?"

"She's ok but she's still inside. She got caught." 

A/n

Three points of view XD haha

Hope you enjoyed!! and another shoutout to @Maxhamtay8 for being totally amaaaazzinnggg!!(Btw you are better than me ;) )inside joke.

Sorry I take so long to update but stick with me!

-Imogen xx