chapter 44- Warm

chapter 44- Warm

Judith's POV (another new one :3 )

I woke up, hearing daddy shouting. I was a little scared and knew that something had gone wrong.

"There's a fire. We need to get Carl and Sophie out. They're trapped inside." He said, waking us all up

"What? A fire?" Glenn asked, rubbing his eyes sleepily.

"Yeah. We have to get them out. The smoke outside looked awful."

Then, before I could register what had happened, Daddy, Glenn and Maggie were gone. They had ran out of the store and I was there with Carol and Alex who was still sleeping.

"Carol, what's happening?" I asked, runnning over to her. She opened her arms and enveloped me in a hug.

"It's all ok, Judith. Don't you worry." She said, calming me down a little...although I could tell by daddy's voice that it wasn't all ok.

"But he said Carl and Sophie were trapped....in a fire." I said.

"Soph and your brother are going to be just fine. You know how strong they are! They've got through so many bad things...what's a fire going to do?" Carol replied, holding me by the shoulders and looking into my eyes.

"Yeah...I guess." I said and yawned.

"You're sleepy...why don't you go back to sleep, sweetie." she said, with a friendly smile.

"Meh...okay." I said, and walked back over to where my jacket was on the floor and layed down. I tried getting back to sleep, but I couldn't. Soon I heard a clattering of footsteps running outside.

Carol moved the shelves barricading the entrance and Daddy, Glenn and Maggie ran in. Glenn was carrying Sophie and Daddy was carrying Carl. Their faces were all sooty and they were sleeping...or so I hoped.

"Oh my goodness." Carol said as they put Carl and Sophie on the floor next to eachother. Glenn ran over to his backpack and took out his water bottle. He poured some of the water on a cloth which he also had in the backpack and pressed it onto Carl's forehead, before doing the same to Sophie's.

"We have to turn them sideways so they can breathe better." Maggie said and Dad gently rolled them over, one at a time. They were now facing eachother. "Now...we wait." She said and they were left.

I walked over to Daddy and sat on his lap. "They'll be okay, daddy." I said, looking at his face.

"Judy, I should be the one encouraging you that they'll be okay." He replied with a small smile. I snuggled into his chest more.
"They will." I whispered. After some cuddles, which I had waited ages for, I got up and walked up to where Carl and Soph were laying.

"You two need to wake up, okay?" I said, staring at them both. "Everyone is an adult apart from Alex but he can't talk yet. I need you to be awake so I can talk to you both." I folded my arms.

"I don't know whether you can hear me, but I'm gonna talk to you anyways." I sat on the floor by their heads and crossed my legs.

"I know I'm only small, but I can see that you guys haven't been talking a lot. This better not be a repeat of those months ago with the baby and..." I saw Carl's hand gently twitch. He did nothing after that, so I guessed he was still sleeping.

"Anyway..." I started, before pulling my knees up to my chest. "...I miss the old times. So, you need to stop sleeping and wake up so it can be like the old times." I babbled. I didn't think I was making much sense so I stopped talking.

I leaned forwards and reached out to Carl's hand. I then grabbed Sophie's with my other hand and put them close together, linking their fingers together. I let go and smiled.

"There." I said "That's exactly how it should be."

Sophie's POV

I opened my eyes, slowly, feeling a slight irritation in my chest. I coughed a little...it was gross. I spat it into the cloth on the floor next to me. My spit had dark speckles in it...the soot, from the fire. I slowly sat up, seeing everyone was sleeping.

Then, I looked down. My fingers were linked into Carl's. I smiled a little when I then saw Judy, huddled up on the floor, snoring quietly behind me. She must have made us hold hands. I layed back down, feeling tired. I yawned and turned to Carl, our hands still linked.

Some of his hair was over his face, so I reached my other hand over to him and swept it out, revealing his sooty, sleeping expression. I moved my thumb in the palm of his hand, and began drawing circles. With my other hand I twisted strands of his hair together, around my fingers.

Then, out of boredom, I began quietly humming. It wasn't any song in particular...just some random notes thrown together.

After about a minute of doing these things I felt a soft squeeze on my hand. I stopped everything and looked to my side.

"Why did you stop?" Carl mumbled, softly. He opened his eyes and smiled. "Keep going." He quietly said.

"Well...you sort of broke the swing of it." I said and he laughed, before coughing. He spat up the same stuff as me. "Ew...God." He said, wiping his mouth. I laughed at his screwed up face. He sat up and reached infront of him, where there was a water bottle. He unscrewed it and took a sip.

"So..." I began "You know the sentence you started yesterday and didn't get to finish?" I said, looking at the ceiling. He bit his lower lip and smiled to himself.

"Yeah...I remember." He smirked.

"How did it end?"

He pulled my face towards his with his hand. He moved himself forward and slowly connected his soft lips to mine. Then he pulled away for a second.

"You." He smiled, cheekily.

"Smartass." I said, slapping his shoulder.

His blue eyes stared into my eyes. "Full sentence?"

I rolled my eyes and nodded. "I love you."

"YESSS!" I heard behind us. We turned around and saw Judith standing up, staring down at us.

__________

A/n

Sorry guys...ik that was probably a little boring...

Anyway...if you did read it...

Hope you enjoyed