chapter 34- Incapacitated

Carl's POV

My dad carried me through the woods as he, Glenn, Maggie and Jack ran. Glenn was carrying Judy, Maggie had Alex in the baby holder and Sophie was being carried by Jack. I couldn't see properly out of my right eye because it was swollen so much and I could taste the blood coming from my lip. My body ached and felt bruised but I know I was no where near as bad as Sophie.

"Here." Dad said, running up to one of the old, dirty houses on a street we ran through. "You ok to stand, Carl?" He asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah. I'm ok." I said and he carefully put me down. Then he kicked the door open and bashed the wall with his fist, attracting no walkers. It was safe to go into the house so we went straight into the living room. I sat on the coffee table and Jack layed Sophie down onto the couch. She was now unconcious.

Glenn went looking around for something and brought in a bowl. He got his water bottle out of his bag and poured some of the water into the bowl. He cut a bit of his shirt sleeve off and scrunched it up, dipping it into the water. He then held it onto Sophie's head. She scrunched her eyes up a little but didn't wake up as the cold water touched her head and dripped down her neck.

Her lip was split in two places and she had a black eye. Her head was bleeding too as well as her arms and stomach being bruised and scratched. I ran upstairs and looked in all the rooms, finding the bathroom and went inside, locking the door. I looked in the mirror and sighed. I looked around in drawers and found a clean washcloth which I wiped my face with. It stung but I didn't care. I had to get the blood off.

Everything's f*cked up. Nothing ever works out for us. It isn't fair. We're either split up, or fighting for our lives or, in this case, both. We never asked for this. I tried to stop myself, but I couldn't. I broke down. I leant against the cold bathtub and cried. I've f*cking had enough of all of this. Sophie probably would have been better off staying alone.

Sophie's POV

I woke up, laying on the floor, feeling cold. All my pains had gone. I stood up and took in my strange surroundings, taking several steps back and hitting something. I turned around. I had walked into a glass pannel. I looked around me. There were four large glass pannels around me, one above and one below- I was trapped inside a glass sort of case. Everything else outside was white and hazy. I banged on one of the glass walls.

"Hello? Help! Where am I?" I called.

"Sweetie, there's no need to panic." I heard a familiar voice behind me, so I turned around immediately.

"Mum?" I said. I saw her standing, smiling. I tried to run over but she was outside, on the other side of the glass. She smiled, sympathetically.

"Mum, where am I? I...I miss you, so much." I said, my voice trembling.

"Don't be upset. You're ok." I heard coming from next to me. I turned my head.

"Dad. Oh, God. Dad!" I said, crying, happily. He smiled the same way as my mum did.

"You got so beautiful, little sis." I turned once more and ran towards the glass. Tia, my sister, was standing there, smiling too.

"I...I want to get out. I want to be with you." I cried as the three of them stood together.

"My beautiful little girl." My mum said as tears formed in her eyes.

I put my hands against the glass, and so did my sister. We were just centimetres away from one another but still so far.

"Where am I?" I whispered.

"Sophie...you're dying." My sister said. "That's why you can see us...but you're can still save yourself."

"Save myself?" I said. I soon enough understood what she meant. "I...I want to stay with you. I miss you all so much...I don't think I can go on in reality."

"You can't just choose, darling." Dad said, sadly. "You have a purpose, staying alive."

"But Why. What for. Look at all the crap going on. I can't go on for much longer. I know it. I miss you guys and I know I really want to stay with you."

"But look at what you'd lose. Who'd lose you."

"but I-"

I was stopped by two hazy visions either side of me. On the left I could see me, on a sofa all bruised, gross and bleeding, and the other vision was...was Carl. He was crying, hard. I'd never seen him this upset.

"Is...he crying because of me?" I asked. My mum, dad and sister all nodded at me. I couldn't help but look at him more. He looked at his holster belt and pulled out his gun.

"Carl, what the hell are you doing?" I said as he held the gun and stared at it in his hands, tracing one finger along the trigger. I banged my fist onto the glass, towards where the vision was showing.

"Carl...CARL STOP!" It wasn't any use, though.

"Please, ok, I... I want to go back. I need to stop him."

My family began to fade and I cried.

"We love you, Soph." They said.

I smiled, before looking at the vision of me. My body was shaking but I couldn't feel anything.

"What's happening? WHY CAN'T I GET OUT OF HERE!" I panicked.

The faint remains of my family also looked shocked. "Your brain isn't getting enough oxygen. Your body is going into shock. You need to breathe. You have to wake up, soon!" My sister said. I ran up to the glass and tried my best to break it but nothing was working.

"HELP! LET ME OUT!" I yelled. I watched my body stop shaking and Glenn listen to my chest. He began giving my body CPR. Somehow I could feel the hard, heavy pains on my chest and he pressed his hands down. I still couldn't get out or wake up.

"LET ME OUT! I WANT TO GET OUT." I screamed, hitting the glass as hard as I could. All of a sudden I fell to the floor, almost forcefully, into the position I was in on the sofa and felt all of the aches and pains again. I blacked out before opening my eyes again, this time in reality. Glenn saw my eyes open and stopped as I spluttered.

"Carl...where's Carl." I struggled to say.

Jack and Rick ran up the stairs and eventually Carl came running down. He knelt next to me.

"Carl...you need...to stay alive for me..." I said slowly.

"I...I will, Soph. I promise. "

__________

A/n

Sorry that was so cliche...

Thanks for reading guys!

-Imogen xx