chapter 31- Notes

chapter 31- Notes

Carl's POV

We had been walking for two days, trying to find everyone else. We waited at the boat lake for Dad and the rest of the group but no one came within an hour. They couldn't be dead. I knew they must be ok.

"We need to stop, Carl. Judith is falling asleep." Sophie said. She was walking behind be, carrying Judith. I was carrying out two bags. We had half a can of beans left and about ten bullets between us.

"Carl." Sophie repeated.

"Hmm? Oh, sorry. We're close to that motel, I think." I said, referring to the old motel we were in ages ago on the way back to the cabin. We walked for about twenty more minutes and reached the motel. It seemed almost untouched since we were last there. We went into the same room and barricaded the door with the same bookshelf. Sophie put Judy down onto the bed and kissed her forehead. I held her in a hug.

"What are we going to do?" she whispered, leaning her head on my shoulder.

"We'll figure it out. I promise." I said to her. She walked over to the bed and slumped onto it, soon falling asleep. It was kingsized so we could all fit on it. I got onto it and moved up towards Sophie. I kissed her cheek and went to sleep myself.

***

I woke up as the sunlight streamed through the small window in front of the bed. I got up and went to get my water bottle out of my bag. There wasn't much left so I knew we had to find more water soon.

Judith attacked me in a hug from behind.
"Hi, Carl!" She said, quietly. I smiled.

"Hey, Judy. How did you sleep?"

"Meh...It was ok but was it just me or was it super hot last night?"

"Oh it's not just you. I was boiling."

"Carl...where is daddy? Is he and everyone else ok?"

I gulped. "They're fine. I don't know where they are, but I know they're fine. Try not to worry about them."

"We'll find them, Judy." Sophie said, sitting up behind us.

Judith went and sat down and began playing with her little pink rabbit plushie. Sophie got up and I hugged her.

"You ok?" She asked me.

"Yeah. I just hope they're ok." Sophie let go of me and walked up to the window, getting up on her tip- toes to wipe the months old dust off. She stopped wiping the window and stepped back, wide eyed.

"What is it?" I asked her. She looked at me and then back at the window. I looked at it and gulped. On the outside of the window was a message, written in walker blood. It said:

 MISS ME? 

"It's still dripping." She said. "Someone is following us."

***

"We've got to find water. I have less than half a bottle left and we have no more food." I said as we walked along the highway, fast. We were walking quickly and wearily, because we thought someone was following us. We scaveneged through cars for supplies to take with us. We were poking around a massive black Land Rover and found two tins of beans and a tin of peaches.

I began to put them in my bag and then Sophie said "Carl...Carl, Judy, get down." I looked to where she was looking and saw a herd heading our way. I shut the car doors quietly and layed on the floor of the car, holding Judith next to me.

"Keep quiet, ok Judy?" I whispered and she nodded. I felt her shaking a little so I squeezed her a little to comfort her.

"Carl...I'm scared."