Epilogue

Epilogue

NOW

*****

Sophie's POV

This airport is the best thing that's happened to us since the beginning. There is so much space both outside and inside. There are so many different stores that we can have one each, although of course Carl and I share one.

We weren't the only group to have arrived here. There's a family who got here about a week before us and had cleared it up a bit and got rid of the few walkers roaming around. They trust us. We trust them.

There's Michael- the dad and leader of the family. He's a lot like Rick, but a little more laid back. He was an electrician before this started and he figured out how to get the solar panels working, which provide electricity throughout the airport. We don't use it excessively of course, but it feels so good to have it. Water too.

There's a massive water filtration system by where the planes all used to get cleaned. It's like a massive reservoir which reuses the water but cleans it thoroughly. We don't even have to worry about the amount we use, because it is practically endless. Michael's wife, Kate, connected the system to the lake, just outside the main runway of the airport.

They have three kids. Zach who's my age, Mary, she's a year younger than me, and Ryan, who's two years older than Judy. We all get on well, apart from Zach...who's a total douchebag.

We know what it's like out there...we've decided to let anyone, of course under certain boundaries, enter here. No one has arrived yet, but we've only been here for a month. I don't know if that's a good idea or not...but we won't know until we try.

For once, we're safe.

For how long? I don't know.