chapter 23- Gone

Chapter 23- Gone

***3 weeks later***

Sophie's POV

I was slowly beginning to walk around more now and washed clothes in the pond outside. I had to do something to help out.

Yesterday, Maggie told me, and everyone else that she was pregnant.  I was really happy for her and Glenn because I knew that they've been wanting a kid for a long time. I knew they'd both make awesome parents too. Hopefully the same could be said for me, Carl and our baby.

I was kneeling on an old cushion, scrubbing some dirty clothes in the pond water. Carl walked up behind me and knelt down, putting his hands on my stomach and kissing my cheek.

"Hey." I said.

"How you feeling?" He asked me, resting his chin on the top of my head.

"Okay...I guess. I keep getting sharp pains in my stomach but I guess that's just it growing." That was a bit of an under exaggeration. The sharp pains were horrible and I struggled not to cry whenever I got them. Maybe it was just the bullet hole healing. 

I got a pain and winced, grabbing my stomach as my eyes welled up with tears. I couldn't hold it in and I cried. Carl noticed and looked panicked.

"Soph? Are you ok? Do you want me to get you anything?" He kept bombarding me with questions.

"Shut up." I seethed through my tears. He stepped back a little.

"Sorry, Soph..I...um...look, leave this. I'll do it." He said, rubbing the back of his head. The pain eased off and I leant back a little, breathing out. I gave Carl an apologetic look and he walked over to me, helping me up.

I was almost three months pregnant now and my small bump was definately visible. I had gained a little weight too...which was good because I looked a little unhealthy before. 

I walked inside with Carl to the living room where Glenn was sitting, figuring out a map. I walked over to the couch and sat down, wiping my eyes. Carl kissed my head and got me a cup of water before going back outside to wash the clothes I was washing previously.

"Hey, Sophie. How are you holding up?" Glenn asked me.

"I'm fine." I said, taking a sip of water. "I swear, women go through everything. You go through fuck all." I said laying back and laughing with one hand on my stomach.

"Whatever." He said, laughing too.

"How's Maggie doing?" I asked.

"She's doing great." He said, with a giant grin on his face.

"You're gonna make a great dad, Glenn." I said. He smiled even more. I couldn't help but laugh at his excitement.

"You're going to make an awesome mom. You're young, pretty, fearless...what more could you ask for in a mom." I laughed at his choice of words. I pulled the ugliest face I could. He pulled one back and we erupted into laughter. 

"Well if that's what you think about me, you must reeeeeaaalllyyyy love Maggie." I smiled.

"I do." He looked down, smiling to himself.

"Okay, while you blush to yourself, I'm gonna go pee." I said, getting up.

"Thanks for letting me know!" Glenn said, laughing.

I went upstairs and into the bathroom.
When I was done I went into my bedroom to get my book, and went downstairs and felt the worst sharp pain in my stomach that I had ever felt. I let out a groan, unable to contain the pain I felt, and dropped my book. I was halfway down the stairs and Michonne was walking up. She put her hand on my left shoulder, supporting me.

"You okay, Sophie?" She said. The pain began to fade and I began to breathe steadily. "Uh...Yeah..I think so...now." I stood up straight with one hand on my back and one on my bump.

"Be careful. Put your feet up." Michonne said, picking up my book and handing it to me. I continued downstairs and into the kitchen. I suddenly put my hand to my head, feeling both a dull ache and dizziness.

I leant against the counter, closing my eyes and breathing in and out. This isn't normal I thought. This shouldn't be happenning to me right now. 

"You okay there, kid?" Daryl asked me from the other side of the room. I nodded slowly, trying to distract myself from the pain. He looked at me suspiciously and carried on putting food in the cupboards. 

Yet another horrible pain surged through my stomach, through to my back. The dizziness began to become overwhelming and I could barely see anything. I turned around and pushed my arms against the counter, breathing quickly.

My legs became limp and I began to fall, trying to hold on to the counter. My grip weakened and I collapsed, knocking a plastic cup onto the floor. Daryl ran over and caught me. The last thing I saw was Daryl looking at his blood covered hand and yelling for everyone to help. I passed out.

Carl's POV

"EVERYONE, WE NEED HELP NOW!" I heard Daryl calling from inside. I put the wet clothes down and ran in. I pushed through everyone and saw Daryl holding Sophie.

"What...what the hell is happening?" I said, unsteadily. I walked closer and bent down, stroking her unconsious head.

"She's bleeding." Daryl said, shakily. I thought it was her shot wound but the blood was seeping through her jeans. I put my hand over her mouth. She's bleeding. Down there. That....that must mean the baby....oh my god...the baby.

***

"She's lost it." Maggie said, crying. "I'm so sorry, Carl."

There were no words. Just tears. It was all my fault. There was a small bullet scrap which had made its way to the baby. It destroyed it.

"Sophie. Can you hear me?" I said, kneeling beside her. "I...I'm sorry....I'm so so SO sorry. It's all my fault. I never meant that I wanted our baby to die...I just...Oh God. Please wake up...I need you."

_______

A/n

*le tears*

Well...I know some of you might hate me for this but trust me...I have stuff planned for the future.

Thanks, guys.

-Imogen xx