chapter 14- Searching

Glenn's POV

The last thing I saw was smoke and those people picking up a knocked out Carl and Sophie. After coughing and trying to escape I, along with everyone else, passed out.

I woke up later in the darkness. We must have been knocked out for hours. I slowly got up and tried walking around, I was very unsteady as my vision was blurry and my hands were tied.

I was the first awake by the looks of things. I stumbled around, looking for something to cut the cable tie around my wrists.

I heard some groaning coming from behind me.

"Rick?" I said.

"Glenn? What's happening? "

"Carl...Sophie...they were.."

"Yeah. I remember. We need to find them."

I continued looking around, eventually coming across a loose rusty pipe. I scraped my arm against it. "Ouch." I turned around and rubbed my wrists against it quickly, cutting through the plastic. Eventually it came free so I went over to Rick and untied him. Maggie stirred and I rushed over to her while Rick untied everyone else.
"Maggie, are you ok?" I said, untying her.
"Yeah..I think." She said, rubbing her forehead, slightly confused.
I gave her a kiss on the cheek.
"Maggie we need to find Carl and Sophie. They could be in danger."

She nodded as I helped her up.  I ran up the stairs to exit the door but it was locked. I tried to kick it open but it wouldn't budge.

"Let me try." Rick said, running up the stairs an into the door.

"shit." He said, when the door still didn't  open.

We all got in a circle and began to dicuss our plan before trying the door again. 

"We need to leave and search for any signs of this research center." Rick said

"I can look for footprints and tracks." Michonne replied

"We want to try and keep the peace, right? We don't want to make more enemies." Maggie questioned.

"We do what we have to do. It depends on what has happened to the kids." Sasha said

"If they're hurt or in serious danger, we attack. Otherwise we negotiate."  Tyreese agreed.

I began pacing along the basement, putting my fingers through my hair, trying to think of a plan.

"Glenn..sweetie." Maggie said, turning around. I hadn't noticed that everyone was being really quiet and cautious all of a sudden. I crouched down and crawled over to everyone. Then I could understand what the silence was on about. There were footsteps coming from above us. We all remained quiet and anxious until the footsteps stopped and there was a short silence. Maggie squeezed my hand and a squeezed hers back. 

Then the door slowly opened and we all stared at it.

"Rick? Guys?" Said a familiar voice.

"Carol!" I said, jumping up and running up the stairs, hugging her. Rick followed quickly and took Judith out of her arms.

"Hey, sweetie. Did you enjoy your shopping trip?" He said, trying to act normal. Judith nodded, smiling and said "Where Car?" Rick and I looked at eachother.

"Well.." Rick began, "Wait. Where's Daryl?"

"Is he not here?" Carol said, confused

"No. When did you last see him?" Michonne said. 

"We left the mall and he went on a motorbike. He said he needed to get back quickly."

"Oh God." I said. "So now we've lost Carl, Sophie and Daryl."

"What happened to them?" Carol said.

Rick explained and almost imediately we left. Maggie, Tyreese and Sasha stayed behind with Judith to keep the cabin safe. We grabbed our gear and went outside. I kissed Maggie goodbye, squeezing her hard in a hug. "Stay safe, Glenn." She said and went back inside.

We left through the gate exit and began walking, finding several footprints.

"Here." Michonne said, leading us onwards. She was good at tracking prints and marks on the ground.

I shone my torch ahead a little only to see about 5 walkers. We stabbed them in the head, avoiding noise and carried on.

We kept walking for about ten minutes, the footprints clearly visible. 

"Oh my God." Rick said when his torch shone on something on the ground. He ran over and knelt down, picking up his sheriff hat- the one Carl always wears. This was also where the footprints stopped but tracks started. Tracks which, according to Michonne, belonged to a van.

SOPHIE'S POV

It had been about half an hour since I was given the kinoproxin and all I was doing was staring at the blank white wall in front of me. Carl had dozed off and occaisionally I stared at him and smiled (or tried to) because he looked so innocent and oblivious and of course I generally found him adorable.

After a couple of minutes I heard some doors opening in the outside corridor and I looked at the door as it opened. Sean and another smaller guy who only looked a few years older than us walked in holding another man. They sat him on a chair on the other side of the room and tied his arms and legs to it like Carl and I. When Sean and the other guy moved away and left I could see who it was. 

It was Daryl.

He began stirring and eventually woke up, immediately looking around and freaking out when he saw he was tied up.

"The f*ck?!" He said to himself. He looked up and saw me and Carl (who was still asleep).

"Soph? What the hell is this? Where are we?" Of course I would tell him...but I couldn't friggin speak. Daryl looked at me, confused until I shook my wrist a little so he could  see I had an IV in it.

"They drugged you?" I nodded. I shook my arms and legs as much as I could to make some noise. The clattering of the metal rings on my legs woke Carl up and I shook my head towards Daryl.

"Daryl? How did  you..what?" he said, still waking up.

"I dunno where the hell I am but all I can remember is swerving on the road on a motorbike after driving through a herd and crashing." Daryl said, with a slightly pissed off tone.

Carl explained where we were and what had happened back at the cabin. Then he said what they did to me. "I'm sorry, Soph. Look. I know that Carol and Judith were on their way back, so they might be looking for us now."

"I hope so." Carl said.

___

A/n

Hi guys!! I haven't really got much to say right now but I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thanks for reading!

-Imogen xx