chapter 24- Because

chapter 24- Because

8 months later

Sophie's POV

"GUYS WE NEED TOWELS, CLEAN WATER AND THOSE NEW CLOTHES IN OUR ROOM. NOW!!" Yelled a panicked Glenn to everyone as Maggie lay on the floor, trying not to scream. Her baby was coming and everyone was trying to help out.

I ran up into the bathroom and picked up 2 blue towels- the only clean ones, and turned around. I began running back out and sharply turned the corner out of the bathroom, running straight into Carl. I stepped back and stared at him.

"sorry." I said, looking down.

He smiled a little and I looked at the floor, blinking back tears, then I went around him and carried on running down towards Maggie.

Glenn was putting a cushion under her head as Maggie squeezed his hand hard making her knuckles whiten.

Rick ran in carrying a large pot of warm water which was about to be boiled for food. He put it down next to Glenn and crouched next to me.

He put one hand on my back. "I'm sorry, Sophie." He said as a tear fell from my eye. If I hadn't lost the baby all those months ago, he or she would have been 2 months old. I gave him an I'm ok smile and wiped my eyes.

"I need...to...to push" Maggie said, breathing quickly.

"Ok, baby. When you're ready...push." Glenn said, giving an encouraging smile to his wife.

Maggie pushed, remaining quiet at first but then screamed loudly. Luckily Daryl, Carol and Michonne were outside, killing walkers through the fence who were attracted by any noise.

"Keep going, Maggie. I can see the head!" Glenn encouraged.

Maggie's other hand was on the floor, scratching her nails against it. I leant over and held it and she squeezed it hard as she continued pushing.

"I...I..can't do it...anymore." Maggie huffed.

Before Glenn could say anything I said "Maggie look at me. You can do this. Get this baby out and be the best mum ever. Come on, you're over half way there." She nodded and carried on pushing.

Glenn looked at me with a sympathetic smile and mouthed a 'thank you'.

Within seconds Glenn pulled out a little baby. Maggie let out a large breath and smiled at her achievement. I smiled, but I couldn't stay there.

I got up and ran outside, taking a knife out of my holster and trying to take my mind off of things. I began stabbing oncoming walkers through the fence. I began to silently cry as I thought about everything that had happened within the last eight or so months.

First I loose my baby.

Then Tyreese get bitten.

Then Sasha kills herself.

Then...

There's no other way of putting it. Carl and I had fallen apart from eachother.

Not because we didn't love eachother. It's just that we've been through too much to carry on. After I lost the baby we just spent days crying. We didn't talk. And we kind of stopped talking. No more I love you's or kisses or any of that. We were awkward around eachother and things just weren't working out.

I did still love him...but it just wasn't working.

Glenn's POV

Alexander Chase Rhee. The name of our first baby son. He's perfect. There's no other way of saying it.