chapter 25- Deceived

Sophie's POV

It had been about a week since this Jamie girl joined us. Carl, me and her share a room and its really awkward.

Glenn noticed my awkwardness and spoke to me.

"Hey, Soph. Do you wanna come with me and Rick on a run today? You know, get away from...uh..out of the cabin."

"Yeah. Sure. When are we going?"

"When you're ready." He said with a smile. I collected my things and got ready to leave. Glenn gave Alex and Maggie a kiss and the three of us left.

We travelled to a different part of town with a general multipurpose store. We went in there to look for more supplies for the cabin as well as potential weaponry like knives.

I poked around and found some crayons and a colouring book which I picked up for Judith. Her crayons were crappy and she didn't have decent paper. I had finished Looking for Alaska so I wandered over to the book section to see if there was anything worth grabbing.

I eventually picked up a book called "The Northside" It was a fiction about a girl who lost her memory after an accident and gets manipulated throughout her recovery. Cool. I thought and put it in my bag.

I saw a rack full of graphic novels and comic books which I looked through. There was a pack of crappy superhero and alien comics which i knew Carl enjoyed so I put them in my bag too.

"A herd is approaching. We gotta go, you two." Rick called from the isle next to me. We went out and drove away, back towards the cabin.

We got back and walked into the yard. Carl was there doing perimeter checks and Jamie was over by the other side.

"Hey." He said walking over. "How was it?"

"Normal. Not a lot of walkers but a herd came so we left." I replied, smiling. We were talking a little more now. Not as much as him and Jamie, though.

They were becoming really close and the other day they were holding hands in the kitchen.

That was ok with me though. As long as Carl was happy, so was I. I still love him so I want the best for him.

Jamie walked over and stood between Carl and I.

"Hey babe, wanna go in for a bit?" She said to Carl.

"Um...yeah, sure." He said, as she took his hand and they both walked inside.

"Bye, Soph." He said. Jamie looked back at me and gave me a sarcastic smile.

I went inside and gave judith her colouring book and new crayons. She squealed with excitement and got them out straight away. She began to colour in a picture of balloons when she stopped and looked at me.

"Soph." (She can actually say my name now.)

"Yeah?"

"Promise not to tell...but I don't like Jamie. She's mean."

"What? Why do you think that?" I asked her.

Judith put her crayons down and sat on my lap, snuggling towards me.

"I was with Carl earlier and she came in to see him. She asked if I could leave, which I did, and she came out behind me and told me to stay away from Carl when she's around."

"She...what? That is mean." I said, staring at the wall.

"Please, promise not to tell though."

"Of course I won't, Judy."

I spent about an hour with Judith. I taught her how to write simple sentences like 'hello, my name is Judith' and 'I am four years old'.

She eventually began to yawn so I set her down for a little nap.

"Love you, Soph."

"Love you too, Judy." I kissed her forehead and left the room. I went to go and see baby AC. I liked calling him AC, although I called him Alex more.

I went into Glenn and Maggie's room and saw Glenn sitting on his bed playing with Alex.

"Hi." I said and walked in.

"Hey, Soph." He said, patting the bed, telling me to come and sit there.

I went and sat on the bed next to Glenn. "He's so cute." I said. "Haha, yep...until he cries. He kept us up basically all night yesterday." He replied. I laughed. "Yeah. I heard it."

Glenn let me hold Alex for a bit. He was so tiny and so perfect. "He's beautiful." I said. "Haha yeah, just like me." Glenn joked and pouted. I laughed.

"What did Carl say about the comics?" He said. "Oh! I need to give them to him. I'll do that now." I said getting up and giving Alex back to Glenn.

I ran downstairs and took the comics out of my bag. I went upstairs and walked towards our room. I didn't bother knocking because...well..it's my room too. I opened the door.

"Hey, Carl I got you some....oh...um...sorry. I'll go." Carl and Jamie were sitting on Carl's bed. Kissing. They saw me and Carl pulled away. I turned around and walked out.I

"Soph. Sophie!" He called running after me. "Look..I...I didn't mean to upset you..I"

"Carl, It's fine. It doesn't matter." I said, smiling a little.

"You sure?" He replied. I nodded and he hugged me. It felt nice to be hugged by him after so long.

"Carl?" Jamie called from behind. "I...uh...better go." He said and walked back.

Carl went back into the bedroom and I walked away quickly until I was stopped by someone grabbing my free arm.

i turned around and saw Jamie.

"Listen here,  Sophie." she spat.  "I don't know nor do I care about your previous relationship with Carl but what I do know is that I'm with him now and I am a lot better for him that you'll ever be."

"What are you...I don't... "

"Shut up, bitch. Just listen. Carl is mine now and you need to back the f*ck off before I make you." Her face was centimeters away from mine as she spoke to me.

"Do you understand me?" she said. I stared at her perplexed. She pushed me against the wall.

"I said do you understand me?"

I blinked quickly and nodded, scared. she let go of me and gave me a sickly smile.

"good." she said.

"Hey Jamie, come on." Carl called, poking his head out of the door.

"Just coming, babe." she said as he went back in.

"I'll take these." she said, snatching the comics out of my hand."

She went back in to the room and left me standing in total disarray.

I ran down to the old empty laundry room, hiding my face behind my hands. I collapsed onto a large pile of old sheets and silently cried.

I wasn't crying because Jamie was currently snogging the face off the guy I love. I was crying at the fact that the guy I love was with, clearly, a total bitch who I didn't trust.

__________
A/n

Dun dun duuuuun
Hahaha what do you think of her now?

Thanks guyssss

-Imogen xx