(i.s.) pictures of you

sarah x izzy

summary:
after being in a bit of a slump in their relationship, sarah begins to go through old photos.

word count:
736

pictures of you-the cure

Sighing against the stiff pillow in the tour bus's bunk, Sarah bit her lip. The entire band was out performing at a show, and she had reluctantly forced herself to miss it. After Izzy's distant behavior over the past few weeks, she couldn't help but feel her heart ache at the possibility of them breaking up. They'd known each other since high school, was he getting tired of her?

She released an unsteady breath and got to her feet, the cold floor spiking goosebumps across her skin. Sarah hastily shuffled through her suitcase until she found a small stack of pictures, secured with a rubber band. She returned back to the stuffy bunk and tucked herself beneath the thin blanket, snapping the band off and sifting through each of the polaroids.

Framed in a white border, each of them was printed with a glossed photo of the couple. When they were happy together.

A bouquet secured in his arms, was Izzy resting against a chair with his typical black sunglasses, smirking. Sarah's lips tilted into a pained smile at the scruff on the top of his lip. She loved when he didn't shave.

Another was him performing alongside the band, but no one else was in the frame except him

Another was him performing alongside the band, but no one else was in the frame except him. That's how it was, that's all she paid any attention to. His lips were around a cigarette and his sunglasses perched on the bridge of his nose, strumming his black guitar. Sarah stared at his exposed torso under the unbuttoned shirt and smiled.

The next had struck Sarah's chest with a twinge of pain

The next had struck Sarah's chest with a twinge of pain. Literal heartbreak. Steven had snuck the photo when he stole her camera, giggling like a schoolboy once they both shot their heads to his direction as the bright flash went off from the dark parking lot.