44

(Jin's POV)

This was such an awkward situation. Who invites themselves over to the house of their high school crush and his husband? Choi San does apparently.

"Um, Seokjin, where's the bathroom?" A soft voice cut through my thoughts and I looked down at the girl. San's sister looked almost exactly like him but with long hair and softer features. She was sweet and really timid, and my first name seemed forced out of her mouth since I insisted she not use honorifics like before.

"If you turn left there and go down the hall it's the second door on the right." I told her where to go and she bowed slightly before leaving the kitchen. I couldn't believe she was related to San. San wasn't evil or anything but he was definitely bold, and could be aggressive at times when his mind was set on something. When he wasn't in competition mode he was actually quite wonderful but the thing is...he's almost always in competition mode.

"Can we kick him out now?" Namjoon turned the corner to the kitchen as I looked down at the apple pie.

"That would be rude. His sister isn't even done eating, plus he said they were new to the community so I wanted to suggest some schools for his sister, Haneul." I replied, picking up the knife to cut the homemade desert. I felt Namjoon come up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he watched my hands.

"How about...she can stay and we kick her brother out?" He replied cheekily and I laughed.

"He hasn't done anything bad since coming here so why are you so antsy?" I asked but I already knew the answer to that question. So far it had just been small talk about how he got the job here, highschool, and general stuff. I still wasn't sure what his motive for coming here was but maybe he just didn't know anyone here and wanted to have people he knew in the area. "Maybe he has matured."

Namjoon didn't reply and rested his chin on my shoulder. I cut the pie into 8 different slices. For someone else the almost 6 foot man clinging to them would've hindered their progress but I was used to his clinginess and was able to not cut myself despite him moving around.

"What if he came back to try and steal you away or something?" Namjoon mumbled into my shoulder. He sounded like a sad toddler after being told to go to bed.

"That's ridiculous." I scoffed putting my hands onto the cool counter. Even though I wasn't looking at him, I could basically feel his discomfort still. "He can't steal me away when I don't want to be stolen. So whatever he does won't matter." I put the knife down and turned around in his arms. "Is that what you're worried about? I thought you were just annoyed since you guys always fight."

"I don't care about petty fights with him anymore." Namjoon looked at me with mixed emotions. "The only fight that ever really mattered was the one over you. I just don't want him to try to get a rematch or something."

"I'm not something that can just be tossed back and forth. If I chose to be with you then whatever fight he tries to start won't be worth anything. Plus I really don't think he would move cities just to try and get his highschool crush."

"You doubt his level of pettiness." Namjoon sulked. Why was he being so stubborn about this? I wasn't like a dollar bill that San could just grab and steal away. I was a person with my own decisions so if I wanted to be with Namjoon, there was nothing San could do about it. I tried to vocalize this to him and after a few moments he seemed to be slightly less stressed. It bothered me that one person brought up so much insecurity for him. Maybe there was more to their dynamic that just simple competition if he was this on edge.