ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

𒊹︎︎︎ Friends or foes?

"Mr Cunningham?" just as they were about to leave, they heard a deep manly voice rasp behind them as Theodore turned back in surprise.

"Mr Hannigan!" Theodore greeted back immediately as they went ahead and hugged each other. Mr Hannigan was a strongly built man with dark hair and a few grey strands lingering on his forehead. He looked to be around in his late 50s.

"Didn't know I would have the opportunity to meet you here!" Mr Hannigan said after they parted while laughing happily as Theo smiled back a little. Mr Hannigan's gaze fell on Inez.

"Ms Inez Benedict I suppose?" he said with a soft smile while extending his hands for a handshake. Inez's eyes widened as she had never met this man in her life and yet he knew her.

"Um yeah. Hello, Mr Hannigan" she said as they shook hands and she looked over at Theo with a confused expression. Theodore's eyes widened in realization.

"Aah yes. Inez this is Mr Flynn Hannigan, he is the owner of Hannigan University,  the most prestigious university in the world which by the way you'll be attending from Monday. And Mr Hannigan was as kind as to grant you admission without any difficulties" Theo said appreciatively as Mr Hannigan smiled and waved his hand dismissively.

Inez gasped. Hannigan University was one of the most talked-about and a prominent university. The students were either of aristocratic backgrounds or really hardworking scholarship students. Inez had always dreamed of going to that university both as a kid and a teenager.

"Oh, it was no trouble! We are glad to receive such an excellent student at our university. I know you will accomplish great things in life." he said as Inez smiled a little at his friendliness and nodded.

She didn't like the fact that she was going to attend her university of dreams because of Theo's recommendation but not her hard work. She wanted to accomplish things on her own.

"Yeah. That, she will." Theo said proudly while putting a hand around her shoulder as Inez looked down shyly.

"And when he said that his friend's daughter will be moving here for a few years, I was so happy! He really needs a life because I swear to god all he does is work!" Mr Hannigan said as Inez looked up at Theo in shock.

Friend's daughter?

Theo looked down at her and gave her a tight-lipped smile and gesturing with his eyes to shut up for now.

Well, ok then.

"Oh, he's here!" Mr Hannigan suddenly said while looking behind them with a huge smile. Inez followed his gaze as she saw a tall boy with curly brown hair and piercing dark green eyes. He had sharp jawline and high cheekbones, overall he was a very attractive young man.