ғᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

𒊹︎︎︎ Broken promises

Inez's vision blurred as tears kept escaping her eyes, her hands shivered as she kept filling her suitcase with her clothes while continuously sniffing.

It felt like she was walking on a dream made of thin ice, way too good to be true. The ice kept getting cracks with her each steps but she ignored it for her temporary happiness and continued on with a smile plastered on her face.

She felt... betrayed.

A feeling she never had before. Not this strong anyway, being betrayed by the person she trusts and likes the most hit like a ton of bricks.

After announcing her departure, Theo was stunned and went quiet. While on the other hand William was quite pleased and told her to pack her things. Inez did just that and ignored the person who caused her pain but at the same time made her guilty.

"What were you thinking Theo?" she thought in frustration as she slumped on the bed and held her face with her hands.

A sharp sound of the lock made her snap her head towards the door.

Theo stood there, leaning against the door while breathing heavily with his gaze fixed on her. His eyes weren't shining like always, it was as if they had lost it's colour. He looked drained and sad.

Inez quickly stood up and wiped her tears with the back of her hand and stared back at him. Both didn't say a word but their silence spoke volumes.

Theo sighed and he was the first one to break the ice.

"Inez, I was going to tell you" he muttered lowly as he took slow steps towards her.

"Why didn't you?" she said through gritted teeth "Do you know what you made me go through? I always felt like I was betraying my parents! But I ignored it and kept falling for you anyway!"

Theo's eyes widened and his lower lip trembled, it looked like he would cry any moment. But he didn't.

"I just didn't get the right time" he mumbled "It's a hard subject for me"

"So you'd rather see me suffer in silence?" her voice wavered as more tears slipped down her eyes "I trusted you Theo"

Theo couldn't bare it anymore. He went ahead and hugged her tightly "I'm sorry. I am so sorry" he repeated as his hold tightened around her. Hearing his remorseful voice, Inez broke down in his embrace and started sobbing.

"I'm sorry" he said again, running his hand through her hair and burying his face on the crook of her neck. Inez stood still, crying her eyes out.