ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

𒊹︎︎︎ The Adopted Child

"Hey there little guy"

Theo looked up in a start to see his brother standing beside him in an elegant black and white tuxedo and his black hair neatly gelled back.

"You nervous?" he questioned the little boy with a soft smile on his face.

"Why would I be nervous? You are the one getting married not me" he replied nonchalantly as he clasped his hands and looked around the huge hall decorated with flowers while hundreds of people laughed and talked among themselves.

"Big words for an 11-year old" his brother thought in amusement.

Timothee chuckled "Maybe because you'll get lonely?" he teased as Theo pouted angrily and huffed.

"I am already in a boarding school, I don't see how much more lonely I could get" he said with an annoyed undertone as Tim's smile fell.

"Theo—"

"Theo!" he was interrupted by another voice as Theo looked up to see the man behind the voice.

Dark green eyes and raven hair with a strong built and a small scratch around his eyes, were his most prominent features. He stood tall and straight with a walking cane on his right hand with a golden tip.

Theo gulped as he exchanged a look of fear with his brother before slowly walking towards his stepfather.

"Father" Theo greeted formally.

The man affectionately patted the young boy on the shoulder before making him meet some guests.

"Aye Wilfred, is this Jonathan Cunningham's son?" an elderly man, maybe in his 60s, asked while taking a drag from the cigar. The others beside the old man looked at Theo with wide eyes.

"Yes he is, but now he is my son too. I legally adopted him 2 years ago after the poor guy's death" Wilfred replied while smiling happily. Theo looked down at his shiny black shoes and bit his lips while fisting his hands, trying to control his tears.

"Oh is that so? Well, I hope you grow up just as wonderful as your dad" a lady said in a kind voice, as she kneeled before the young boy, reaching his height. Theo wasn't sure which father she was talking about but he nodded anyway.

Wilfred cleared his throat as he grabbed Theo's small hands in his "We must really go now, I have to introduce him to other guests too" he reasoned as the old man and the lady nodded.