ғɪғᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

𒊹︎︎︎ The boy who had it all

There was once a boy, so lonely, so alone. Until an angel took him in.

"3....2....1.... "

CLICK

Tim patted the younger boy's head affectionately as their family photographer took a photo of the two brothers-to-be.

"Fix the bow, Tim!" Arthur, the photographer, shouted while smacking his lips.

Timothee nodded as he kneeled down and smiled at the younger boy "Be a good boy and smile ok? This photo will be going out to the press after your adoption"

Theo nodded as he saw his brother fixing his blue bow and tightening the suspenders around his shoulders "What if father becomes alright again?" Theo asked while keeping his tears at bay.

Tim's movements halted as he looked at Theo sympathetically. He couldn't blame the young lad, only 9 years old but still way better at managing his emotions than most of the adults.

"Theo you know right that he-"

"-has a haemorrhage I know!" Theo reprimanded "but he has a lot of money! He can call the best doctors and..and.." his voice wavered as his eyes watered.

Tim's heart pained as his hands itched to hug him tight. Just as he was about to console the young boy, the sound of loud footsteps echoed throughout the huge garden as Tim looked up to see Wilfred Benedict coming with a permanent scowl on his face and a walking cane in his hand.

"Not done yet?" he remarked as he glared at Arthur.

Theo sniffed and quickly wiped the few tears that spilled from his eyes. He turned around to face Wilfred with a fake smile "Not yet Mr Benedict, I do apologize it was my fault after all"

Wilfred looked at the boy with bored eyes "Learn to call me father or dad from now on boy"

Timothee's eyes widened at his father's insensitive remark. The boy was going through grief right now, he couldn't expect him to move on so quickly.

"Dad-"

"Am I talking to you Timothee?" his father scolded as his sharp glare shut him up immediately. Tim gritted his teeth and looked away, sometimes his father's strictness got on his nerves.

"Well?" Wilfred asked Theo calmly again.

"You haven't adopted me yet, my Dad is still alive!" he replied, putting more weight on the word Dad.

"It's only a matter of time before the inevitable happens. Trust me Theo, I am just as sad as you are" Wilfred replied as he looked down at his cane and spread his fingers across it, a small tiger appeared in the gold embellishment.

Theo's fingers tightened into a fist as he bit his lower lip with much force, almost drawing out blood. He didn't like this man, he didn't know why his father was so fond of him.